The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Well it looks like the Jets have a quarterback to draft next year.

Bison

OSU is not justifying their selection over TCU or Baylor.  The two games played today are making me even more pissed about how the teams were selected for this farce of a playoff.

Bison

OK I take it back.  OSU is actually starting to play like they want to be here.

MetalDog

'Bama better figure out how to take that QB out!  He's gonna run all OVER the place if they don't!!!!!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Well, Bama just drove down the field and scored.  It's a 7 point game with 1:59 left.  On side kick coming up.  Bama has 2 timeouts left.  OSU gets the onside kick.  It was a great kick with a perfect bounce, but Spencer made a great jump for it. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

That was a terrible series by OSU.  Almost no time off the clock.  The one goo thing is Bama has no time outs. 

OJsDad

Bison

Finally I don' t have to listen to just how much better the SEC is than every other conference for at least 7 months.

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 01, 2015, 08:02:43 PM
Next steps?  'Bama beats OSU like a rented mule,

That mule learned how to kick back. 

Bison

Well now that I've seen the two teams I wanted to see get beat get beat.  I have no further interest in the whole "playoff" thing.  Good luck to the fans of the chestnuts and the ugliest green uniforms ever worn in a football game.

MetalDog

Congratulations to OSU.  They beat us fair and square.  I don't like that 'Bama lost, but, you can't argue with a decision on the field.  Good luck to the Ducks and the Buckeyes going forward.  As an aside, what's ESPN going to do now?  They played a role in the, 'SEC is the best!'  Do they just move on to someone else?  Or do they find a way to spin the losing bowl record, including by its juggernaut?

Steelgrave

Two games, two upsets. You could argue these college playoffs just invalidated every college "championship" ever awarded by polls. This is how championships should be decided....on the field.

Can't wait for an 8 and then a 16 game playoff.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers