The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Ah, watching Johnny Manziel fail spectacularly was so delicious. I hope to enjoy the same for another 2 years or so before he's playing in the CFL.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on December 16, 2014, 11:11:08 PM
Ah, watching Johnny Manziel fail spectacularly was so delicious. I hope to enjoy the same for another 2 years or so before he's playing in the CFL for the Cowboys.

;D

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Apparently Andrew Luck and Tony Romo were involved in one of those freaky Friday incidents where people switch bodies.

bayonetbrant

Well now that the Saints are out of it, I don't have to care about the NFL again until the Super Bowl.  That's a lot of time I've got back for following soccer :)

Steelgrave

Quote from: Bison on December 21, 2014, 08:26:26 PM
Apparently Andrew Luck and Tony Romo were involved in one of those freaky Friday incidents where people switch bodies.

Ummmm..............."Romo's fifth game out of the past six with a passer rating over 129.0 has pushed him past Aaron Rodgers for the NFL lead." NFL.com

Romo's probably the most underrated QB in the league. He's had some spectacular failures but still tends to end up in the top 5 of QB's most years. Frankly, without Romo the 'Boys would be fortunate to repeat the 8-8 records of the last few years.

Luck though....I do think he switched bodies with RGIII or maybe Johnny Paycheck Manziel.

Bison

Don't try and ruin the Romo fun around here with suspicious facts from "nfl.com".

Steelgrave

^At least you aren't admitting to watching soccer like some people.....

mirth

Dallas is really confusing me by winning in December.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

You think you're confused....hell, I've been a Cowboys fan for 42 years and I'm confused.

OJsDad

Wow, I cannot believe the Bengals managed to win a Monday night game, against Peyton Manning and the Broncos no less.

What made it even better, is that my in-laws are here for the week and they were rooting from the Broncos.  I was proudly wearing my Bengals shirt and taunting them the whole time. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Con

Thank you Captain Forehead.  Pats get the first round bye and AFC playoffs go through Foxboro...

MetalDog

Rome rocks!  His radio show has always been the shit!  His tv shows, to the last one of them, have all sucked.  Except when Jim Everett almost beat his ass :)  And Rome, for all his SoCal affectations, is a chowd, or has enough blood from there to be one.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Jim "Chrissy" Everett going after Rome after Rome taunted him was classic. Everett was a Ram at the time, but had been drafted by my Oilers before being traded for a sandwich and bag of chips. He couldn't handle the pressure of driving Houston freeways, much less a pass rush. Rome called it right.