The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I watch the FSU game in horror last night as the Gators play calling at the end was just absurd and good grief if the place kicker could have just knocked in one of the two last FGs...what might have been.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 30, 2014, 02:31:24 PM
Ok.  So, bowl wins decides who's best?  And no bitching if your guys don't make more bowls than the other guys.  What was that you said, "Win.  The. Game.?"  Let's go with that.

Sorry, Airboy.  That was more directed at the SEC haters here.  Although, it was a LITTLE bit about winning the Iron Bowl ;)

Hey, I'm not an SEC hater.  Remember that after NC State, my next loyalty is LSU.  I'm a realist, though.  The SEC was pretty unbalanced this year, as was the ACC.  But the ACC still has 11 bowl teams (Wake, Syracuse, UVA not going) and by the end of it all, FSU could have a 'hit list' of 5 teams with 10 wins each.  Everyone has been bagging on FSU for a weak conference, but they just went 4-0 against everyone's favorite conference last weekend.

All that said - I don't know who's going to beat 'Bama in a playoff.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Sad ending to this story.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11960455/kosta-karageorge-ohio-state-buckeyes-found-dead

OLUMBUS, Ohio -- The body of missing Ohio State defensive lineman Kosta Karageorge was found by Columbus police on Sunday after a search that started after he went missing on Wednesday.

Karageorge, 22, was found dead in a dumpster of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was identified by tattoos at the scene, and a police spokesman said the investigation would continue with both the dumpster and the body of Karageorge being transported to the county morgue.

More at the link. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

I just read a story about Kargeorge's apparent suicide.  Just a real tragedy.

bayonetbrant

Everything that's right with football

http://extras.denverpost.com/everythingmatters/

f'n' allergies...

warning: it's a long read.  you won't be disappointed
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Outstanding!  Hooray for Coach Jajczyk!  Hooray for his players!  And hooray for Adams City!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

this is a shit show of a game for the Dolphins.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Yeah, but they're 7-5 now. An ugly 7-5, but still.

Damn Texans are playing like a 2-10 Jets team but managing to eke out the 6-6 record is a bit shocking. People here are nuts talking about playoffs - they'll have more chance of hitting the lottery than winning a wild card game, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Martok

Vikings win, Cowboys and Patriots both lose.  Not a bad weekend. 

On the other hand, the Steelers lost to the fucking Saints, plus I was actually rooting for the Packers yesterday.  I felt dirty. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Id rather the pats lose then any of my teams win.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 02, 2014, 05:32:44 PM
Id rather the pats lose then any of my teams win.

Well as a Dolphins fan, it's more likely you'll get a Patriots loss.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

beat em once already this year.  O0
52 to 46 going back to 1966 actually.
so shut your whore mouth.  ;D

BanzaiCat

Bring back the days of Marino and the Marks brothers  :'(

Martok

And in other news, Gus' Junk-jets meet my Viqueens in a "Could this possibly matter any less at this point?" match-up tomorrow...  :-\ 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on December 06, 2014, 12:58:23 PM
And in other news, Gus' Junk-jets meet my Viqueens in a "Could this possibly matter any less at this point?" match-up tomorrow...  :-\ 

and that's why American sports need promotion/relegation.  If the loser spends next year in the minor leagues until they earn their way back, suddenly they give a shit about trying to win a late season game against another crappy team