The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Huh.  I guess losing by 7 points to the Buckeyes was still a (barely) good enough showing for the Gophers to hang on to the Top 25 with their fingernails.  Who knew? 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 19, 2014, 07:38:44 AM

Not me.  I laughed.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Anyone else enjoying the Saints crapping the bed this year? I can't stand that franchise, largely because of Sean Payton. Anyone who constantly wears a goddamn visor deserves misery, particularly when he seems to be quite the douchebag in general.

Marty Ward

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 19, 2014, 10:36:51 PM
Anyone else enjoying the Saints crapping the bed this year? I can't stand that franchise, largely because of Sean Payton. Anyone who constantly wears a goddamn visor deserves misery, particularly when he seems to be quite the douchebag in general.

I like Brees and the Saints but I hope they keep up the crapping for one more week. After that they can turn into the '72 Dolphins for all I care.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Martok

Nope, I've been loving the Saints' downhill slide as well.  It's been one of my few joys this season. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on November 20, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
Nope, I've been loving the Saints' downhill slide as well.  It's been one of my few joys this season. 

fuck both of y'all!

says the guy whose family is from southern Louisiana...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I'm going to have to agree with Brant on this one.  Been a Saints fan since the early 80's.  Bucs, too.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on November 20, 2014, 09:49:08 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Brant on this one.  Been a Saints fan since the early 80's.  Bucs, too.

You also watched Saved by the Bell didn't you?

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

Both wrong.  Facts of Life.  There was something I had that I always wanted to give to Blair.  Or Tootie.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Just as well. Mailing those man-stained tighty-whiteys probably would have gotten you in trouble, anyway.  :))

airboy

Successful College Football Season:
UNC 45 - Dook 20

UNC gets the victory bell!  Evil is smited once again!  Everything is once again right in the College Football World!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2014, 10:44:35 AMEverything is once again right in the College Football World!

Not quite - the Tar Heels still need to lose next weekend, then all will be right
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 21, 2014, 11:04:03 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2014, 10:44:35 AMEverything is once again right in the College Football World!

Not quite - the Tar Heels still need to lose next weekend, then all will be right

I don't hate NCSU. 

Not trying to needle you, but it seems NCSU has played one quality opponent well (Florida State), beaten a bunch of wimpy teams, and gotten thrashed by every middle to good team they have played.  UNC has had some quality wins, and also some horribly embarrasing games.  They also had some narrow losses to some good opponents (Notre Dame...).

What do you really think is going to happen?  My opinion - if UNC actually shows up they will win.  If the "bad UNC" team from the first half of the season shows up State will win big.   

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2014, 04:28:05 PM
Not trying to needle you, but it seems NCSU has played one quality opponent well (Florida State), beaten a bunch of wimpy teams, and gotten thrashed by every middle to good team they have played. 
Factual accuracy isn't needling me.  It's a young team full of redshirt freshmen on the two-deep who needed a bunch of gimme wins to get bowl eligible and pick up those extra two weeks of bowl practices to build towards next year.  It's not a good team.  There's some talent, but it's raw and still learning how to win.

Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2014, 04:28:05 PMWhat do you really think is going to happen?  My opinion - if UNC actually shows up they will win.  If the "bad UNC" team from the first half of the season shows up State will win big.   
If UNC's defense reverts to being UNC's defense of their other 10 games this year, they're in trouble.  Even if they play halfway competent, it'll be an uphill battle if State can run the ball.  The problem is whether or not State can run the ball.  They have to control the clock and not get into a shootout with UNC.  If State keeps UNC's offense off the field, they'll win with a game in the low 30s.  If they can't, they'll lose a game in the mid 50s.

bayonetbrant