The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

The Packers are wearing their throwbacks. They look like the result of a drunken equipment manager assembling random items together and deciding they form a uniform.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 16, 2014, 04:31:30 PM
The Packers are wearing their throwbacks. They look like the result of a drunken equipment manager assembling random items together and deciding they form a uniform.

The Packers playing the Steelers with both wearing their throwback unis would induce vomiting.....

MetalDog

Agreed.  And aren't those Packer uniforms actually Michigan Wolverine colors?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Quote from: MetalDog on November 16, 2014, 06:02:55 PM
Agreed.  And aren't those Packer uniforms actually Michigan Wolverine colors?

Dunno, I don't follow anything north of the Mason-Dixon line  8)

mirth

Not sure The Pack is worried about the uniform while they destroy the Eagles.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on November 16, 2014, 09:12:18 PM

I can't wait to hear the gnashing of teeth and lamentations from the insufferable Philly talk radio station I listen to in the morning. The morning dj is truly insufferable. I look forward to his pain.....

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Until today, the Chicago Blackhawks had as many wins in Chicago Stadium as the Bears in 2014.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on November 16, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 16, 2014, 09:12:18 PM

I can't wait to hear the gnashing of teeth and lamentations from the insufferable Philly talk radio station I listen to in the morning. The morning dj is truly insufferable. I look forward to his pain.....

You should have plenty to look forward to. That was a lot of pain. I felt a little bad for Dirty Sanchez. Just a little.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Oh, AP will definitely be back in the NFL. There's too much money to be made off his ability, still. If not this year then certainly next year.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Auburn got clobbered by Georgia in Athens.

But, it was a fun football season for me.  Lots of fun tailgates with great food.  The Auburn merchants were happy that AUs collapse occured on the last important home game.  I sold my extra tickets at close to the top of the market.

On to basketball season.

OJsDad

Quote from: airboy on November 18, 2014, 04:15:54 PM
Auburn got clobbered by Georgia in Athens.

But, it was a fun football season for me.  Lots of fun tailgates with great food.  The Auburn merchants were happy that AUs collapse occured on the last important home game.  I sold my extra tickets at close to the top of the market.

On to basketball season.

So, you's saying that Bama will take the Iron Bowl.  I thought the War Eagle faithful would consider it a successful season if they tripped up the Tide at the end of the season and spoiled their national championship hopes. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.