The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on October 26, 2014, 02:12:30 PM
They had Bill Murray on Fox this morning, and you know he's a HUGE Bears fan.  He was woofing about the '85 SB.  That's about the same score, isn't it?  ;)

Nobody's perfect. :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on October 26, 2014, 01:48:25 PM
Watching the Vikes and Bucs play each other is like watching a couple toddlers in a slap-fight.

I think you can add the Jets to that list of infamy. At least the Vikes won today, eh?

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 26, 2014, 04:14:44 PM
Quote from: Martok on October 26, 2014, 01:48:25 PM
Watching the Vikes and Bucs play each other is like watching a couple toddlers in a slap-fight.

I think you can add the Jets to that list of infamy. At least the Vikes won today, eh?

The Jets don't qualify for toddler status.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Well the Vikings are one win away from living up to my expectations for the season.  It's so much easier to be a fan when you don't live in the regional broadcast area.  I'm not subjected to watching their debacle of a season on a weekly basis.

Martok

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 26, 2014, 04:14:44 PM
At least the Vikes won today, eh?
To my complete & utter astonishment, yes. 

After last week's last-second collapse in Buffalo, I became honestly convinced they wouldn't win another game this season.  My expectations have plummeted even lower than Bison's

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

with the Saints-Panthers game coming up THU, let's pause for a moment and look back at last year's freakin' awesome Battle of the Boards

http://profootballmock.com/boardbattles/battle-boards-panthers-saints/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

The cowboys entered into second half of the season last night in prime form.   The best part was to see Jerry pathetically pacing the sidelines.

Martok

I have to say, this was a pretty good weekend.  The Vikings and Steelers won, while the Packers, Bears, and Cowboys all lost. 

Of course, the goddamn Patriots steamrolled yet another opponent, but considering it was Chicago, I can't make myself hate them too much at the moment.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

The first ranking for the college football playoffs came out.
1] Mississippi State
2] Florida State
3] Auburn
4] Ole Miss

Auburn and Ole Miss play in Oxford on Saturday.

Lots of SEC West teams in the top 10 - but they will knock each other down due to their schedule.

I will be surprised if Auburn can beat: Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Alabama and Georgia remaining on their schedule without another loss.  All but Texas A&M are road games.  Auburn has had a brutal schedule this year.

MetalDog

I agree that Auburn has had a pretty tough schedule.  Seeing your remaining four, I don't see you going ANY worse than 2 & 2.  Georgia and A&M should really be no problem.  It's going to come down to how well you play against 'Bama and Ole Miss.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Excellent World Series.  But they should have went for home in the 9th and an inside the park home run, because that was the only thing that was going to beat Bumgarner. 

Well I'd do some SEC bashing tonight but I've run out of Dick and Jane quips that Metaldog would understand.  For the record.  Notre Dame gets a play off spot if they stay a one loss team.

Ben Roethlisberger:  That's because MetalDog is from the South and that makes him stupid.

Bison

Quote from: Bison on October 29, 2014, 10:34:02 PM
Ben Roethlisberger:  That's because MetalDog is from the South and that makes him stupid.

No it's because you are a Connecticut Yankee in Alabama who loves cheering for the elephants in the Bronx zoo.

MetalDog

So that means I am a New York Crimson Tide fan hollering, "Roll Yanks!"

Bison

Exactly and that makes no f'n sense unless you're seeing pink elephants in which case we need to have a different conversation.

MetalDog

I work with several guys that are Yankee fans here.  The fact that they also root for Auburn kind of skews things, but, I'm always willing to help them back to the winning side.