The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Best headline yet is on this article http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/11/6962393/miami-hurricanes-football-attendance-cincinnati
"There are several people at Miami's home game against Cincinnati"

with this picture
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Okay, I know the Lions' defense is supposed to be good, but this is simply ridiculous.  Could the Vikes' offensive line maybe, just maybe, *not* immediately fucking collapse the moment the ball gets hiked??!!  I'm getting really tired of watching Bridgewater get sacked, hurried, and/or knocked down every goddamn play.  >:(  >:(  >:( 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Quote from: airboy on October 08, 2014, 08:51:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 07, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
You should beat A&M, Georgia and South Carolina fairly easily.  It's the rest of them that you have to watch out for.

Auburn will have to show up, and play hard, to win any of them.  If they don't get up for any of these games they are dead meat.

And Auburn showed up and played real dumb at Mississippi State with 4 turnovers - three inside the 20 leading to touchdowns.  So we lose.

Martok

Ugh, what a crappy day.  Vikings lose, Steelers lose, the Vikes' division rivals all win...and so did the goddamn Patriots *and* the Cowboys.  That's about as bad as it gets. 

Quote from: airboy on October 12, 2014, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 08, 2014, 08:51:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 07, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
You should beat A&M, Georgia and South Carolina fairly easily.  It's the rest of them that you have to watch out for.

Auburn will have to show up, and play hard, to win any of them.  If they don't get up for any of these games they are dead meat.

And Auburn showed up and played real dumb at Mississippi State with 4 turnovers - three inside the 20 leading to touchdowns.  So we lose.

So odd to see Mississippi State at #1 in the rankings. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

I see the Dolphins managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

I found myself cheering for the Cowboys on Sunday. This is how deep my hated of everything Seahawk goes.

MetalDog

You and Kushan should talk.  He LOATHES the Seahawks!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Martok

Heh!  About all they're missing are the pictures of bewbays. 

bayonetbrant

very interesting (and borderline salacious) article about Jim Irsay and some of the, uh... "interesting" relationships he's had with women and/or drugs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11705479/investigations-reveal-shadow-life-indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay

Martok

Watching the Vikes and Bucs play each other is like watching a couple toddlers in a slap-fight. 

mirth

Thank you Chicago Bears for participating in the 2014-2015 NFL season.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

They had Bill Murray on Fox this morning, and you know he's a HUGE Bears fan.  He was woofing about the '85 SB.  That's about the same score, isn't it?  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob