The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I watched a good portion of the game tonight.  I like Al Michaels play calling.  Chris what's his nuts is alright.  What really makes me happy is I don't recall hearing or seeing that pompous piece of shit Costas.   Costas ruins every fucking sporting event NBC insists on having him host. 

Arctic Blast

Can't stop the run, an offensive lineman goes down with an injury...the Packers are already in midseason form.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Bison on September 04, 2014, 10:48:36 PM
Costas ruins every fucking sporting event NBC insists on having him host.

at least he didnt go on some political rant tonight....  ::)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Arctic Blast on September 04, 2014, 11:42:29 PM
Can't stop the run, an offensive lineman goes down with an injury...the Packers are already in midseason form.

Hope for the Vikings, yet!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 29, 2014, 08:27:33 AMThere might be people more knowledgeable than Steve Logan on college football, but there is no one I would rather listen to on the radio talking about college football than Steve Logan

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/colleges/blog/11677809/

I know it's early - especially those of you not on the east coast - but Steve Logan is on the local morning show here at 7am on Friday for an hour to talk nothing but football
streaming show:  http://player.liquidcompass.net/WDNCAM
He coached under McCartney in Colorado, was the head coach at ECU for a while, including several great years.  He was Matt Ryan's OC in Boston, and worked in the NFL, also.
He has no problem straight-talking anyone about what really happens in college football.

One of the best stories he told was about a highly-recruited high school QB in North Carolina who committed to UNC, not long after Mack Brown became the head coach there.  Logan was on local radio and they asked him about losing the recruit to UNC.  Logan said something to the effect of "If he wants to feel smart, he'll go to UNC.  If he wants to play in the NFL, he'll come to ECU and let me coach him."  This was (I think) right after Jeff Blake went to the NFL, and Logan would coach multiple future NFL QBs over the years (iuncluding David Garrard).  Apparently Mack Brown wasn't real happy with an "uppity" coach from a "small" school talking smack, and wrote Logan a "sit down and shut up and stay in your place" letter.  Logan apparently ripped off a massive - and profane - screed to Brown in response, and put it, along with copies of both letters addressed to several NC newspapers, in the mail.  Fortuantely, a secretary intercepted them before they went out, and saved Logan from himself, but she shredded the letters, and Logan has said he's never been able to recapture the spirit of that letter he wrote Mack Brown, but he wished he'd kept a copy just for posterity's sake.

Just this morning he was talking about an offensive lineman back at BC that was so bad "he couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie".  They used to hold him out of drills in practice so he wouldn't accidentally injure his team-mates.  There was finally an injury in a game where they were forced to put him in, and he started every game for the rest of his time at BC b/c it just 'clicked' once he got on the field.

His candor about NCAA violations is hilarious also.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2014, 05:19:12 AM

I'd like to believe this but this year believing the Vikings are going to the Superbowl or the playoffs is right up there with believing the Washington Generals are going to beat the Harlem Globetrotters.

Marty Ward

Quote from: Bison on September 05, 2014, 08:32:30 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2014, 05:19:12 AM

I'd like to believe this but this year believing the Vikings are going to the Superbowl or the playoffs is right up there with believing the Washington Generals are going to beat the Harlem Globetrotters.

It could happen :)

http://washingtongeneralsfan.blogspot.com/2011/06/washington-generals-infamous-1971-win.html
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Woot!  There's hope yet for the Vikings making a run to Superbowl glory!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on September 05, 2014, 09:02:51 AMWoot!  There's hope yet for the Vikings making a run to Superbowl glory!

also in the 1970s...

Bison

Ugh...I'm going  to petsmart now to look at fish.  If I see purple and yellow ones, I'll try and not punch out the poor cashier.

BanzaiCat

Clowney's concussion causes some concern. Also causes some concern that O'Brien looked like he was denying it when the media asked him questions about it. Of course he's not going to comment on the health of his number 1 pick that's starting Sunday, but still, the kid hasn't played a full down in a game yet and now this is hanging over his head...

bayonetbrant

hell, we lost to damn near everybody last year.

except Georgia Southern

Bison

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.