The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well at the very least the Vikings aren't as shitty as the Bucs or Wolfpack.  :D

bayonetbrant

I'm not sure anybody is as crappy as the Wolfpack right now
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I like Minnesota's OC and skill players on offense...except for the QB.  I like Tampa's Head Coach and offensive skill players...except for the QB.  And I'll be disappointed if the Bucs sign Incognito.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

The Vikings have for some reason taken in the most overrated piece of crap coach ever Norv "Douche" Turner.  I don't have more than 8-8 or 9-7 hopes for the Vikings this year.  And I'd put money down that Bridgewater is starting by week 8.  The defense is going through a major over hall and AP wants to go to Dallas.  Crap we might only be 4-12 this year given all of that.  Go Vikings!

Martok

Quote from: Bison on August 29, 2014, 08:30:47 PM
The Vikings have for some reason taken in the most overrated piece of crap coach ever Norv "Douche" Turner. 
Argh, don't remind me.  I like the choice of Zimmer as head coach, but Norv as the Vikes' OC is both baffling and infuriating. 

And I'd put money down that Bridgewater is starting by week 8. 
Agreed.  Unless Cassel somehow manages to put up MVP numbers and/or is *very* efficient, Teddy will be in no later than halfway through the season. 

and AP wants to go to Dallas. 
Augh, don't say that!  Don't even think it!  The mere thought -- to say nothing of the actuality -- of any Vikings player going to the Cowboys makes me want to puke. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on August 29, 2014, 09:55:47 PMAgreed.  Unless Cassel somehow manages to put up MVP numbers and/or is *very* efficient, Teddy will be in no later than halfway through the season. 

http://www.theonion.com/articles/vikings-intrigued-by-matt-cassels-ability-to-get-t,36807/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Hell, sent AP to Dallas after the year. Dump that salary on Jerry Jones as Peterson turns 30 and begins a rapid decline until smashing into the wall...the rest of the league will love you for it! Anything that ruins Jerry Jones is a good thing.

Martok

Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 30, 2014, 01:16:16 PM
Anything that ruins Jerry Jones is a good thing.
Sigh.  I can't really argue with that. 

It's just that...well, I just feel most Vikings players deserve a better fate than to finish their career as a Cowboy.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on August 30, 2014, 01:39:17 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 30, 2014, 01:16:16 PM
Anything that ruins Jerry Jones is a good thing.
Sigh.  I can't really argue with that. 

It's just that...well, I just feel most Vikings players deserve a better fate than to finish their career as a Cowboy.  :P

Except that this idiot apparently wants it. Clearly, he's a moron. They were meant to be together.  :idiot2: ;D

GDS_Starfury

Dolphins are going to the Super Bowl!!!!

sorry, just trying to make Martok choke on his soda again.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Then you should have said, "VIKINGS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!"  You would have got a two for one with that.  Bison would need someone to pat him vigorously on the back to contain his choking fit, too.

BanzaiCat

Pffft, child, please!

The Texans are going to the Su...

Ahem.

The TEXANS are goin...

Going...

The Tex...

sigh, I can't do it.

MetalDog

How about this, "JOHNNY FOOTBALL LEADS TEXANS TO THIRD STRAIGHT SUPER BOWL TITLE!!!"

GDS_Starfury

does anyone else see the tv guide say Sunday Night football?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Yes.  That's what NBC calls its football package.