The "Uber" Command: Modern Air/Naval Ops Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 19, 2012, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Better that paradox.  ;D
A premium publisher for a premium game. (At a premium price)

Sigma One

Quote from: spelk on December 19, 2012, 05:32:15 PM

Perhaps "Naval War Z" will sell more copied? ;)

Undead pirates? Undead submarines that bite aircraft carriers?  :)

bostonmyk

Quote from: spelk on December 19, 2012, 05:32:15 PM
I thought the name "Command" was one chosen as a winner out of a competition to name the game!

I still think Red Pill was a better more identifiable/catchy name.

Perhaps "Naval War Z" will sell more copied? ;)

True.  Armchair was nice enough to host the contest and their poster's decided.

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

spelk

Quote from: ScottP on December 19, 2012, 07:34:07 PM
Undead pirates? Undead submarines that bite aircraft carriers?  :)

That sounds like it could be in the next Paradox "quirky" range. :)

I was thinking more like the Zombies have now become sentient and they're using our hardware against us! *shudder* Hmmmm, sentient Zombies, not sure that will work. How about Moon Nazis instead? :)

undercovergeek

is it just language/semantics/me or does " we are very confident for a 2013 release" sound like theres a chance it wont be 2013?

would you not have used - it will be out Q-whatever in 2013 or thereabouts?

Zulu1966

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 20, 2012, 05:58:16 AM
is it just language/semantics/me or does " we are very confident for a 2013 release" sound like theres a chance it wont be 2013?

would you not have used - it will be out Q-whatever in 2013 or thereabouts?

Where does it say that ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

undercovergeek

undercovergeek

Thanks guys :)

Regarding the release date, as some of you know we originally hoped for late 2012. By now it's probably a bit late for that but we are very confident for a 2013 release. We know you'd like it right now (hell, we too!) but from the start we've been very careful to avoid painting ourselves into the proverbial corner of a premature release - and those of you who have been watching the air/nav scene for the last year or so are probably aware of another such recent example, which has generated unpleasant vibes.

All we can say at the moment is that we are working on this game round the clock, putting into it all the free time & energy that our other real-life commitments permit. As you know this is very much a labor of love for us and we believe the media samples we have released so far already demonstrate this clearly. We are also keen on further engaging the community both before and after the v1 release in order to maximize the degree to which the game fits into the players' desires and expectations.

We will soon have some more media material to display so that you can see what we have been up to recently. Good stuff on the way :)

Grim.Reaper

At minimum, certainly does not seem like an early part of 2013 release.  I had thought the way they were talking originally it was near completion.  I guess not a major deal for me since this one really hasn't occupied my thoughts that much so far, but no doubt I will get it when it comes out:). I am sure matrix will request changes as well which will chew up time.  Reading those quotes alone, seems like a 4th quarter release at best, but I would be happy to be wrong:)

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2012, 06:48:01 AM
At minimum, certainly does not seem like an early part of 2013 release.  I had thought the way they were talking originally it was near completion.  I guess not a major deal for me since this one really hasn't occupied my thoughts that much so far, but no doubt I will get it when it comes out:). I am sure matrix will request changes as well which will chew up time.  Reading those quotes alone, seems like a 4th quarter release at best, but I would be happy to be wrong:)

I got the impression it's near beta stage.  So there is still plenty of time left to go.

undercovergeek

I think you're right grim

I too thought it was a case of 'its ready we better get a publisher'

Looks like there's a way to go yet..... Like you I'd like to be wrong

JudgeDredd

So this is that "Red Pill" game?

And the winning name was "Command"? Wth were the other options? did they only have like 1?

As for release - paint me cynical, but I'm going with 2014...yep - I'm putting that out there.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2012, 08:33:21 AM

And the winning name was "Command"? Wth were the other options? did they only have like 1?

As for release - paint me cynical, but I'm going with 2014...yep - I'm putting that out there.

Since they likely have a year before release, maybe they consider renaming it at some point, especially now that Matrix is involved....

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2012, 08:33:21 AM

Red pill gets them to matrix games.  Now that they know the truth about things (something like: "you live in a bathtub stuck on a
wall so that your mental energy can power the cosmos") -- time for a new name -- How about "the game formerly known as command"

jomni

Just change the name to Commander: Naval War so that it fits the Slitherine series.