Northgard, strategy game based on Norse mythology.

Started by AchillesLastStand, June 03, 2017, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Anyone tried this?
It looks like part city builder/part age of empires set in a Norse setting. And they just added multiplayer.

http://northgard.net/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/466560/Northgard/

I may have to jump on this for 16.99

bob48

I've had it on my wish list for a while, and it looks OK and has some good reviews. I can't quite make up my mind about it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I have it. It got very good reviews, but it didn't hold my interest for long. There have been some updates so maybe its improved?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2017, 03:42:30 PM
IIRC JH was playing it for a bit...

Couldn't that be said about every game ever?  ;D

Gusington

Yes! Except for that Barbie Heavy Weapons Modder game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

New updates out for Northgard today include a new clan and the promise of a SP campaign in a few months. I haven't bought this yet because it looks a little cartoony and it appears that individual SP games are sandbox only and very short. Can anyone confirm? If that's true I will hold off until that SP campaign is released.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

It's on my whichlist as well. Have seen so gameplay of it and it looks fun.

Huw the Poo

This launched recently and I bought it.  What does everyone think?

It's not what I was expecting really.  The tiny zones make me feel really constricted, and your vikings are so abstracted they may as well just be icons.  I've only played a couple of campaign levels though; I'm going to try a skirmish and see how that goes.

DennisS

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 16, 2018, 12:52:52 PM
This launched recently and I bought it.  What does everyone think?

It's not what I was expecting really.  The tiny zones make me feel really constricted, and your vikings are so abstracted they may as well just be icons.  I've only played a couple of campaign levels though; I'm going to try a skirmish and see how that goes.

I have this on my wishlist...I have read that the difficulty level is a big high. Let us know your experiences with it.

IronX

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2017, 07:32:35 PM
Yes! Except for that Barbie Heavy Weapons Modder game.

I had that on my wish-list. But after reading some of the reviews, I think I'll wait for the summer sales.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: DennisS on March 16, 2018, 09:47:30 PM
I have this on my wishlist...I have read that the difficulty level is a big high. Let us know your experiences with it.

I actually ended up having it refunded.  I just wasn't enjoying it.  It's my own fault for not researching it properly but it wasn't what I wanted it to be.  I was hoping for more of a traditional city builder but that side of the game is nowhere near as involving as I wanted.  It's about as much a city builder as games like Warlock or Age of Wonders 3; games which give you only the minimum building options required to just get your troops into battle.

Combined with a game-breaking bug that was impossible to ignore, it was enough to convince me I'd never play it.  Oh well.  I really need to learn to research games properly before I buy them.