GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail hacked

Started by steve58, May 05, 2016, 08:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

OK folks, time to change your passwords again. :(   Looks like the hack affected mostly Russian email, but still millions from Gmail, Microsoft and Yahoo.

After eliminating duplicates, Holden said, the cache contained nearly 57 million Mail.ru accounts - a big chunk of the 64 million monthly active email users Mail.ru said it had at the end of last year. It also included tens of millions of credentials for the world's three big email providers, Gmail, Microsoft and Yahoo, plus hundreds of thousands of accounts at German and Chinese email providers.
Yahoo Mail credentials numbered 40 million, or 15 percent of the 272 million unique IDs discovered. Meanwhile, 33 million, or 12 percent, were Microsoft Hotmail accounts and 9 percent, or nearly 24 million, were Gmail, according to Holden.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/hundreds-millions-email-accounts-hacked-traded-online-says-expert-n568491
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

I'm still waiting for the gold certificates from that Nigerian prince who contacted me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on May 05, 2016, 08:55:59 AM
I'm still waiting for the gold certificates from that Nigerian prince who contacted me.

You sent him the fees for the transfer, right? You gotta do that first! Same with the Canadian Lottery I won....which I don't remember entering, but what the hell.

Greybriar

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: mirth on May 05, 2016, 08:55:59 AM
We must be slitting it 50/50  :P
Alba gu' brath