What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2017, 06:13:27 AM
Sounds like it's time for a new girlfriend.  O:-)

:))

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2017, 11:47:07 AM
Does anyone own Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death?

Really digging the Preacher character from that one, but it's a tad difficult to justify spending $80 just to get the one character. Though it does add a lot of cards to the other game.

I gotta go sell my stack of books to Half Price so I can make room...lol.

Yes.  I have both the base games.   

Haven't played it in awhile, although I've certainly been meaning to.  Wanted to get all the heroes painted up first, though. 

When you mix all the extra cards, monsters, etc of the two core sets the game feels a good deal more varied.  I'd say you get more variety in getting an extra core box than multiple add-on boxes for the same amount of money. 

Frankly, I think the smaller expansion boxes are pretty expensive for the content you get.  When compared to buying the other core box, those small box expansions look really pricey.

bbmike

This just arrived and I hope to play it this weekend:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GJK on January 10, 2017, 10:26:16 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on January 10, 2017, 10:20:36 PM
On the virtual table:

GMT's Great Battles of the Civil War:  Three Days of Gettysburg

I just wish that the designer wasn't such an ass - the game looks very enticing but I refuse to support him by purchasing any of his games.  Please don't escalate my comments; I think it's a beautiful game.

I know the designer is a jack@#ss, but I really like the series...the right balance of detail, realism and playability for me. 

I rationalize by remembering that games aren't just the product of the designer.  Plenty of other folks worked hard to make it happen.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison

11 books for less then $45.  Oh yeah!

BanzaiCat

LOL - when do you have time to go through all that?

I'm thinking of joining a local DnD group, but I gotta get the 5e of the Player's Handbook.

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 13, 2017, 09:07:45 PM
LOL - when do you have time to go through all that?

I'm thinking of joining a local DnD group, but I gotta get the 5e of the Player's Handbook.

That's 2 rulebooks (the same book I bought 2 just to have multiple at the table and for $5 each that's not a lot), which if you've ever played basic/expert D&D you know the rules. The major changes are two: 1. ascending rather than decending armor class, and 2. no race class, so elves can be fighters, magic users, and thieves they are not the elf class.   I read the rulebook the other night online and it took like an hour.  About 1/2 is just monster/spell descriptions.  1 is the Field Guide, which is just an additional monster manual.  Look at it at some point when you want a new/unique monster.  8 are adventure modules, so again read when/if necessary.  But the reality is that the games are great, but the reading level is generally at the 4th grade level.  If you have trouble with that well my friend you have issues.  :D

BanzaiCat

I dunno. I haven't picked up an actual RPG book for actual play in a very, very long time.

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 13, 2017, 09:16:27 PM
I dunno. I haven't picked up an actual RPG book for actual play in a very, very long time.

Download the rulebook here: http://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html  I guarantee it'll take you an hour or so at most.

Rekim

My reward for taking the dogs for a snowy walk at 11pm, and a check of the mailbox? the siege of Budapest.

Invoice, destroyed. Time to dig in...

Rekim

bbmike

Why? Are you a communist?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on January 25, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Why? Are you a communist?

He's made some suspect remarks recently.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Is nyet true some are more Red than others.