Star Wars Rebellion Question(s)

Started by JudgeDredd, May 27, 2017, 02:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

So my daughter and I have hit something that isn't mentioned in the rules and I cannot find online.

I have Imperial troops and air support in Mon Calamari which is subjugated to me.

She has played the Support of Mon Calamri card which states
If successful, either gain 2 loyalty in this system or place 1 Mon Calamari Cruiser on space 3 of the build queue

She seems to think my units are destroyed. I say no - that she just gains loyalty there but my troops stay there as does my subjugated marker (above the Rebel Loyalty marker) because she has no troops there.

Who is correct?

Thanks
Alba gu' brath

Bison

I believe you are correct.  She would have to fight you to retake the system. 

Arctic Blast

And while correcting her, be sure to tell her that you are altering the deal, and she should pray that you do not alter it any further.  8)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

By rule, yes, you're right. 

Sadly though, it's your daughter.   So you already know that you lose this round.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

The way I understand that card and it's effects is:

Rebel player gains two loyalty on that system.  If the planet was unoccupied by the Empire but was loyal to the Empire that card swings loyalty fully towards the Rebellion. 

If Imperial troops are on the planet then there are only two possibilities for it's loyalty prior to playing that card; either the planet was Rebellion loyal and now has a subjugation marker on it (hence playing that card would be a waste unless you're going for the mon cal cruiser in the production queue) or the planet has Imperial loyalty.  If the latter is true playing the card swings the planet back to Rebellion loyalty but since Imperial troops are still on the planet place a subjugation marker over the Rebel loyalty marker.  If the Rebels kick the Imperials off of the planet remove the subjugation marker revealing the Rebel loyalty marker placed by playing that card.

Sorry if you are having trouble understanding my explanation, it's 1:20 in the morning here and I really need to be going to bed now. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on May 29, 2017, 12:24:22 AM
The way I understand that card and it's effects is:

Rebel player gains two loyalty on that system.  If the planet was unoccupied by the Empire but was loyal to the Empire that card swings loyalty fully towards the Rebellion. 

If Imperial troops are on the planet then there are only two possibilities for it's loyalty prior to playing that card; either the planet was Rebellion loyal and now has a subjugation marker on it (hence playing that card would be a waste unless you're going for the mon cal cruiser in the production queue) or the planet has Imperial loyalty.  If the latter is true playing the card swings the planet back to Rebellion loyalty but since Imperial troops are still on the planet place a subjugation marker over the Rebel loyalty marker.  If the Rebels kick the Imperials off of the planet remove the subjugation marker revealing the Rebel loyalty marker placed by playing that card.

Sorry if you are having trouble understanding my explanation, it's 1:20 in the morning here and I really need to be going to bed now.
That is how I understood it W8taminute.

She put a Loyalty marker under my subjugation marker
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on May 31, 2017, 07:56:09 AM
Hey JD!

Someone has come up with solo rules for this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/142973/rebellion-solo-variant
Excellent. When she gets bored or goes to Uni (she's likely to get bored before Uni I'd imagine), I can play it on my lonesome - Thanks!  O0
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Might have to get the game myself now....

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Bison

It's the best Star Wars game ever made.

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus