Boardgame app, with 100 maps, and many icons to place, even RPG sheets

Started by gameleaper, February 01, 2017, 11:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/sheetsanddots

prepare to say WoW bb, ecen I said it to myself, Ive made a multi SSD app with 20 separate SSDs big ones 1000x670 pixels, it has 20 buttons to swithch from each SSD, it has save and load for all SSDs not just one.

I'm absolutely impressed with myself :) Nef time to Jump :) remember I used the same ssd image for all 20 , so it will look the same, just edit them and add your own

I feel like its possible to play this now, I love SFB and why has no one done this sort of app before, it seems a game this good and that's been around could of had an app or two made for it, but Ive done great, I know I have.

bbmike

Wow is right! Great work, gameleaper!  O0
One last thought. Is it possible to center the damage box in the SSD box when clicking on it (snap to center of box)? I'm not so good at centering them.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

I just loaded another SSD. I think instead of a crosshair you might want to just show the solid red box. That would be another way to position it before clicking.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

I just made the delete more accurate.

bb , just reduce the size of the dot.png, it will fit better, I know what you mean I already looked at this and forgot to shrink the dot.

I cant auto snap, its a very big job to do that, but shrinking the dot will work honestly

gameleaper

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on February 01, 2017, 06:07:53 PM
I just loaded another SSD. I think instead of a crosshair you might want to just show the solid red box. That would be another way to position it before clicking.

bb I did that, now its a slightly darkened dot that helps place, rather than a crosshaire, your right bb I miss these things, feedback definatly improves an app, I put you in the credits.

bbmike

Yep, that did it! Much better now. I can't think of anything else it needs right now. Thanks, gameleaper, this will come in handy for SFB!  :notworthy:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

I think if you add a set of 20 boxes labelled 1 to 20 and have a missile target with a dot , it will cross reference with the ssd, you can have one version of the app for missiles only.

energy allocation can have an ssd slot ,boxes for 10s and 1s , so 2 dots space 3 dots, = 23 , we could do all sorts of recording with this app.

thanks for your help bb

gameleaper

Ok I added 20 types of dots, so you can have numbers, or different color dots, icons for tanks or planes infantry, missiles, exploisions etc.. you can use maps, wargames,and even RPG character sheets. all types of boardgame

gameleaper

I did the number dots, so you can do an energy allocation chart, AND give missiles actual numbered targets,

gameleaper

JUST INCREASED THE MAXIMUM SIZE OF ICONS TO 30X30, BUT YOU CAN OVERSIZE, I INCREASED BUTTONS SIZE TO CHOOSE ICON ETC.. MUCH BETTER

gameleaper

I left dots same size, but you can edit them and enlarge them to 30x30

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

You can still use ordinary dots, you don't have to increase the dot.png above 14x14, but you can if you wanted to put a small picture of kirk, or spock on the ships, Ive upgraded to warplaner2.zip I increased all the icon buttons regeons to switch from one icon to the next, and I increased all internal flages to 30x30, so 30x30 isn't oversized, but you can go beyond that.

blitzmax, is terrible for displaying maps bigger than the screen, you can, but the last time I did it didn't move uniformly so chits seemed to move when you move the map, but It may have been something else so Its an experiment yet to do.

gameleaper

you can make your ssds.pngs 1000x640 in size, you can goto 700 but the buttons are over the botton bit, but you could still see a name of a ship or something above 640 to 670