Sid Meier's Civilization® VI: Gathering Storm

Started by Barthheart, November 20, 2018, 02:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Gusington

New scenarios including the Black Death and the First World War??? Just when I was sure I was not going to pick this up...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 02:58:30 PM
New scenarios including the Black Death and the First World War??? Just when I was sure I was not going to pick this up...

Three words for you: Steam Holiday Sale.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Looks like that's where this one is going. It's like Sid patched directly in to my brain! A black death scenario sounds great and well, First World War...come on now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Queeg

But will the AI actually be able to play the game?  That's been my biggest problem with Civ VI. 

Rayfer

Quote from: Queeg on November 20, 2018, 04:05:40 PM
But will the AI actually be able to play the game?  That's been my biggest problem with Civ VI.

+1

bbmike

AI plays fine for me. But I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Me neither! Civ VI gold - with all DLC and the Rise and Fall expansion - is now ~38.00 on Steam. Any chance this will drop further during the next Steam sale? Should I wait or is this a steal?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 06:09:19 PM
Me neither! Civ VI gold - with all DLC and the Rise and Fall expansion - is now ~38.00 on Steam. Any chance this will drop further during the next Steam sale? Should I wait or is this a steal?

Seems very unlikely that it would go further than the current 70% off.....

CJReich46

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 20, 2018, 07:51:58 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 06:09:19 PM

Seems very unlikely that it would go further than the current 70% off.....

Interesting. I must say.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

solops

This is the easiest Civ add-on to resist ever. Civ6 is (still) brain dead... like playing sandbox with no opponents. What is most sad is that it is STILL better than Civ5. To top it off Firaxis' behavior about the imbedded spyware is inexcusable, ever. I am still playing modded Civ4, a far, far superior product.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin