Main Menu

Armored Brigade

Started by BradS62, October 11, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradS62

RyanE

I played the heck out of the free version for several years.  If they charged $50 for the free version, I would have gladly payed it.  The free version was not as expansive as Steel Panthers MBT, but I am assuming they are expanding it a little to cover more than one year and a few armies.

Zulu1966

Quote from: RyanE on October 11, 2017, 04:12:43 PM
I played the heck out of the free version for several years.  If they charged $50 for the free version, I would have gladly payed it.  The free version was not as expansive as Steel Panthers MBT, but I am assuming they are expanding it a little to cover more than one year and a few armies.

Me too. But I can't remember now whether it modelled height.my recollection was that it was a flat world despite the relief mini map. The screenies that are there don't show that. Perhaps am mis remembering. Perhaps someone here can put me straight. :uglystupid2:
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

RyanE

I am pretty sure the later versions had height.  Not sure on older versions.  I left that part of my brain at my last house.

MIGMaster

Looking forward to this one as well. I just wish somebody would do a kick-ass version of Steel Panthers MBT style with great graphics, and gameplay.

Rayfer

Never played earlier iterations. The screen shots remind me a lot of the Close Combat series.  Is game play similar as well?

spelk

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I dig it. The music was very John Carpenteresque. And something about broken Russian radio chatter is just...creepy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

RyanE

I don't do many day one buys, but this is one of them.  Even if this game completely sucks, which it won't, I got so much gaming from the free version, he deserves my money.

DoctorQuest

I feel the same way. It's like we got a super mega demo. And I suspect it be very well supported.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Apocalypse 31

Will it have coop?
scenario editor?
Map editor?

I enjoyed the free version way back in the day, but graphically there's not much improvement. I could get past the gfx if the game had some more features.

Capn Darwin

@Apocalypse
1. Coop - not sure
2. Yes, it has a battle maker. Check the streaming vid they did yesterday. The Guy makes two battles.
3. Sort of. The game comes with large maps and you can define a slice to play on.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.