Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

It's very frustrating in the beginning of a game to have cleared or partially cleared a POI just to go back the next day and have the Z's you had already killed be there again. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Tell me about it. I was searching a high rise floor by floor and of course clear one floor, move to the next and then come back down to drop stuff in chest and the floor is repopulated...both ways..cause when i go back up....there back. I searched one of those temp camps, left the tent and then went right back in and the sleeper was back, this was a matter of seconds. Think i'll wait until they get a handle on this before jumping back in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I like the sleepers.  But they're killed a lot of the fun of the POI's.  I always felt clearing a POI and then fortifying it was a big early success goal. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Looks like a lot of people think this is a problem.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?64215-Safehouses-A-problem-with-sleepers

Sounds like there maybe another release to A16 soon.  Hopefully this will get fixed then. 

-budd-

Just dropped another alpha build, sleepers not part of the fixes unfortunately ...  https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?70191-Alpha-16-2-Experimental-B7-is-Out

ArizonaTank

I haven't tried it...  A workaround might be a quick drop into creative mode to delete the respawn point (if it is even possible).
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on July 30, 2017, 07:06:07 PM
I like the sleepers.  But they're killed a lot of the fun of the POI's.  I always felt clearing a POI and then fortifying it was a big early success goal.

I pretty much depended on POIs for my initial fortress
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

OJsDad

If you guys are looking for a server to play on, here's where I'm playing.  Guppy has his own server that he and a couple of others are modding to make it harder.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49210-Guppy-Server

ArizonaTank

Quote from: OJsDad on August 07, 2017, 07:07:04 AM
If you guys are looking for a server to play on, here's where I'm playing.  Guppy has his own server that he and a couple of others are modding to make it harder.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49210-Guppy-Server

LOL....looking for easier...not harder...:)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

OJsDad

Cannot be too hard, it's day 47 and up to level 26 with 92 kills.  As Budd can tell you, that a lot for me.  And I've only been on less than half that time. 

-budd-

92 kills, you be going off on those zombies   :clap: . I hope they add in some more difficulty/adjustable settings, i'd like a setting to not have the 7 day horde, i'm sure i could look it up on how to change some game things in the files. Once the game is in a stable place i'll probably do that, i'm hoping i can figure out how to make the zombies only run when your hunted, like the dogs.  The preparing for the 7 day horde is feeling kind of "blah" to me these days. Once you know how to build to survive the 7 day horde it starts to feel tedious fixing everything and doing the preparing. Seems like a lot of the big items their putting into the game revolve around the 7 day horde, traps, electricity, ect. I don't know if i'll ever use the traps, unless the game forces me to, to survive. Seems like the game is going from a zombie survival game to a 7 day horde survival game, if that makes any sense. I'm good with more ferals, wandering hordes, dog packs, increased zombie spawn, whatever, but the laser focused destruction crew known as the 7 day horde is feeling played out for me.

OJsDad

I can understand your thoughts on the game, and your right, at the moment, that's pretty much what the games about right now. 

Not sure if it's something they modded on their server or not, but we get hit with a screamer/wondering horde almost daily, so that keeps you on your feet.

Also, some of their zombies run when they chase you, even in the day time.  Not all, but you do run into them. 

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on August 08, 2017, 01:25:27 PM
.... I hope they add in some more difficulty/adjustable settings,

The server script used to have more options than the current single player interface....  But nothing about toning down the hoards...except for size.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

OJsDad

The A17 build released on Monday.  Couple of new features is the ability to retrieve arrows from walkers you kill and being limited in how much you can carry.  One bad thing is that you cannot loot the dear.  Also, their bodies disappear too soon, so you cannot get bones and fat from their bodies. 

-budd-

Been over a year in the making, hope there's more to the patch. Got kind of burned out on it, but I'll check out the patch and maybe make a run over the holiday weekend.