The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Well, Gene said in October that it was contingent on the proper functionality of their new ordering system and that, per the most recent update, has been pushed to January so I'll say we get one in February.

Because I like sales.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on January 02, 2017, 02:32:13 PM
Victory Point Games has everything 20% off until the 9th.

http://www.victorypointgames.com/

Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition...bought!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 02, 2017, 07:11:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 02, 2017, 02:32:13 PM
Victory Point Games has everything 20% off until the 9th.

http://www.victorypointgames.com/

Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition...bought!  O0

Thought about doing it.  Still have 2nd Edition and only played it once.  Since I only plan on doing it solo, I'll just stick to 2nd methinks.

BanzaiCat

Thought about it too, but not for $63.  :-[

GJK

I've had my eye on "The Barbarossa Campaign" for some time but even at the now discounted price of $48+shipping, it's just way too much for a game with an 11x25 paper map and less than 300 counters. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Quote from: Barthheart on December 28, 2016, 08:48:23 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 28, 2016, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 28, 2016, 08:29:36 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 28, 2016, 08:26:47 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 28, 2016, 08:22:57 AM
Game Matz End of Year sale. 20% off everything to Jan. 2, 2017.

Code: 2016

http://www.gamematz.com/

It may be time to cave and get one of these. Hmm, hexes or no?

Just ordered a 4'x8' one for my new gaming table.... this will force me to actually finish the table.  :nerd:

That's the size I'm think about. Did you add hexes to it? I'm looking at a space version.

No, I didn't get one of the terrain maps... I agonized over the decision for moths on which one of the grassland ones to get then I found this one:

I'm a sucker for old maps and this will look great as a table surface, once my table is stained dark walnut.

I figured I mostly board game/card game anyway and if I want terrain I'll just make some up with green or blue or black felt.

Just got my shipping notice! It'll be in my box tomorrow... but I'm 4000 odd miles from that box and won't get there until Jan. 15.... oh well back to beer and sun until then...  :coolsmiley:

bbmike

Just received mine as well! The only problem is my wife will be going with me to pick up packages tomorrow. I can see the eyes rolling now.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

panzerde

Quote from: bbmike on January 04, 2017, 06:27:50 AM
Just received mine as well! The only problem is my wife will be going with me to pick up packages tomorrow. I can see the eyes rolling now.  :buck2:

That's half the fun of this stuff, isn't it?
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on January 04, 2017, 09:14:48 AM
Quote from: bbmike on January 04, 2017, 06:27:50 AM

That's half the fun of this stuff, isn't it?

Yeah... still waiting for my wife to see the charge card bill...
"What the hell is this charge from Gamer Matz in the states?"
"Fancy surface for my new game table."
"What's wrong with the plywood you've been playing on for a year now?"
"This is fancy."
::)

Nefaro

Not a "boardgame", but CSI currently has the Star War: Force and Destiny RPG core book at HALF OFF.

The Beginner kit is also on sale (and comes with one set of the dice).

I also posted this in the RPG thread for the Star Wars rpgs.  There is no "Sale Thread" down there, however.

BanzaiCat

I saw that the Sons of Anarchy Board Game is only $13.49 on Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Sons-Anarchy-Calaveras-Expansion-Board/dp/B00QTT43XQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484055989&sr=8-2&keywords=sons+of+anarchy+board+game

The expansions are also about 25% off (coming in at about $13.50 each instead of $19.99).

bayonetbrant

Compass Games sale, from their latest email

QuotePaper Wars 84 Finnish Civil War:    Available.
1866 The Struggle for Supremacy in Germany:   Available
Absolute Victory:  Ships on January 31st
Take advantage of our Sale 30 percent off  Retail Price of Instock Games.  Coupon Code Catalog30.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

^tempting, but my game budget is thin at the moment.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on January 13, 2017, 06:19:30 AM
^tempting, but my game budget is thin at the moment.

"game budget". How cute.  ::)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak