The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

CoolStuffInc is selling Star Wars: Armada for $54.99 in their daily sale for Aug 20.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 20, 2015, 03:50:32 PM
CoolStuffInc is selling Star Wars: Armada for $54.99 in their daily sale for Aug 20.

*resisting.. Starwarmada.. must.. *

I already spent over $100 on a pre-order with them this month.  My CSI budget wad is already shot.  Probably a good thing for me.

bbmike

Post me when the sell Star Trek Armada in their daily sale.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bbmike on August 20, 2015, 05:26:20 PM
Post me when the sell Star Trek Armada in their daily sale.  :P

You missed it.  It was 2 days ago.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1904

BanzaiCat

Wargame Vault is selling the solitaire game Red Menace for $4.99 for the next few days.

It's download and print-and-play, but that's a pretty cheap price for this game.

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/128065/Red-Menace

Staggerwing

Do I see correctly? Red Menace has the Avro Arrow as a unit? Cool!

*purchased*
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 09, 2015, 08:20:18 PM
Do I see correctly? Red Menace has the Avro Arrow as a unit? Cool!

*purchased*

Yup.  O0

I grabbed both Red Menace and Operation Drumbeat. OD is a pretty simplistic but interesting solitaire game where you're a U-Boat captain off the East Coast of the U.S. from January to April 1942 (the "second good time"). I might start up a simple AAR if I can stop fiddling with the map graphics in Photoshop.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I think I'll start up an AAR, as I doubt it will take much effort. The game is pretty simple and is a 21-page PDF. One page is a navigation map, another is an info tracking sheet. The first four pages are full of background stuff. Two pages are sample sub logs. The point is, there's a lot of 'extra' content in there so it's not 21 pages of rules.

I might post something later today. BGG is bereft of images as well.

Toonces

Need moar info on Red Menace.  I won't bother printing it but as it comes with a vassal module I might be interested.   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

PanzersEast

bayonetbrant

Warstorm series from Compass Games

QuoteLa Bataille De France 1940 special  28 Percent off use the Catalog28 code.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: PanzersEast on September 10, 2015, 03:29:00 PM

Ooohhh.... might have to pick this up too....  :D

EDIT... And done!

bayonetbrant

Zvezda is running a promotion on their Barbarossa set - you get a free expansion with it

http://www.zvezda-usa.com/games/velikaya-otechestvennaya/6134/

Set costs $70, free expansion is normally $50
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant