The Groginati BOARDGAMING Sales Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 18, 2012, 07:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Cool, thanks. Not sure my budget can handle even the sale price of Steel Wolves... maybe early Christmas present....  :(

bayonetbrant

Revolution Games is having a sale thru December

http://www.revolutiongames.us/

Hastings was $21, now $15
Operation Battleaxe was $27, now $20
and more
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 06, 2014, 09:28:04 AM
Revolution Games is having a sale thru December

http://www.revolutiongames.us/

Hastings was $21, now $15
Operation Battleaxe was $27, now $20
and more

Thanks for the heads up, I may finally purchase Battles of the Bulge: Celles and Washington's Crossing.

PE

bayonetbrant

there's a whole bunch of PanzerGrenadier stuff on deep discount over at Avalanche Press
http://www.avalanchepress.com/VikingFuneral.php
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

They don't support Vassal, do they? I don't recall ever hearing of any PzGr modules.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing

Quote from: Ubercat on November 06, 2014, 09:45:05 PM
They don't support Vassal, do they? I don't recall ever hearing of any PzGr modules.

They have reluctantly allowed a few VASSAL mods to be available only at their site on and off. One for PzG:Airborne and one for GWAS/SWWAS. I'm not sure if the GW/SWWAS is still available anywhere.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

MMP just put what may be the final core module for ASL up on pre-order about an hour ago.  I just placed my order and I'm all the way up to order #70689. 

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/59/ProductID/308/Default.aspx

Pre-order price is $72.00.  Within a year it will be out of print and worth 2-3x that much on ebay.   ^-^
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

Fantasy Flight just put up some big sale prices on a few things! 

Some notables:

Gears Of War boardgame
Blue Max
Fortress America

..some other odds and ends.

Those three above are going for around $20 apiece, with some damaged boxes of Gears of War going for as little as $10.   I suspect these will be cleared out of stock before long.

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/index.cfm

I can definitely recommend Gears Of War for a solitaire/Co-op boardgame involving some strategy and hand management.  The other two are classics many of you are probably familiar with to some extent.  :)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on November 24, 2014, 11:15:24 AM

Some notables:

Gears Of War boardgame
Blue Max
Fortress America

Those three above are going for around $20 apiece, with some damaged boxes of Gears of War going for as little as $10.   I suspect these will be cleared out of stock before long.

I can definitely recommend Gears Of War for a solitaire/Co-op boardgame involving some strategy and hand management.  The other two are classics many of you are probably familiar with to some extent.  :)

Holy chit - what a sale! The Descent: Sea of Madness expansion is normally sixty bucks, but they're selling it for $5!

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 24, 2014, 11:18:20 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 24, 2014, 11:15:24 AM

Some notables:

Gears Of War boardgame
Blue Max
Fortress America

Holy chit - what a sale! The Descent: Sea of Madness expansion is normally sixty bucks, but they're selling it for $5!

I only have 2nd Edition, and enough of it to keep me busy for awhile, so I didn't grok the 1st edition expansion they had on sale.  Didn't realize it was going for $5.  Might've been worth it just for the extra minis!

I almost pissed myself when I saw the updated Blue Max on sale.  Been wanting to pick it up lately.  Despite only coming with six aircraft types (one of which is a historically inaccurate earlier type of Nieuport never used by Rickebacker but listed as his), I've read that the components are nice and the gameplay is engaging as expected. 

Also grabbed Fortress America despite it being one of my lesser favorites of the old Milton Bradley series.  Would much rather have Shogun (aka "Ikusa" nowadays) but not gonna complain for $20!

EDIT:  Be patient with the FFG online store.  It's getting hammered right now, as expected.  I had to go Back and/or Reload my checkout pages a few times before getting my order completely finalized.   

Hopefully you guys can get what you want, while you still can.

Ubercat

Without Googling it, I seem to recall that Sea of Blood had no minis. Back before I bored of 2nd edition I was checking for good deals on OOP 1st edition stuff religiously on Ebay for some time.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

I have a feeling I'm ordering Kingdoms and Constantiopoulis and trying to sneak them into the house :)

BanzaiCat

I did go for it with regards to the Fantasy Flight sale. My wife actually gave me PERMISSION to do so and I ended up taking a mile when she gave me an inch. :)

I grabbed a *damaged* Gears of War game for $20 and a couple of other titles. The normal sale for the Gears of War game was $30 for a 'clean' copy but I thought it was worth the savings to just get a damaged box with a complete set of pieces. I ended up placing the order and got the confirmation email, but did not hear from them for several days.

I sent an email to FF, very nicely inquiring, fully aware that they were no doubt getting slammed by hundreds of orders. And someone named Molly wrote me back. She was polite but I could read between the lines how frustrated she was; she said they had received "thousands and thousands" of orders and had a big backlog to work through.

I wrote her back and told her what a great job I thought they were all doing and that through my previous retail experience I had an idea of how hard things must be, so I told her that I was happy that she and her team were busting their butts to make these orders go through, and that I'd much rather have them complete and accurate instead of rushed. I told her there were a lot of us that were very, very happy with this sale and more than happy to be patient, and to ignore the jackasses that were no doubt giving her and her team a hard time (I think I mentioned something about hoping she was getting properly spelled emails with a lack of profanity).

She replied to me, saying what a nice email it was and that she'd printed it out and put it in the employee lounge for everyone to read. :)

The box arrived today and I was a little surprised that it arrived so quickly. On top of that, apparently Molly put a brand freakin' new copy of Gears of War in my order. The game box is in perfect and pristine shape. Just goes to show you how far some friendliness and patience will go. I'm happy she went that extra mile for me.

Staggerwing

If a girl is named Molly it is always better to have her as a friend than as a foe.  O0

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant