Main Menu

Save It For FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, June 12, 2020, 06:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYBaugh

My best friend in high school had cable.  Watched HBO music videos then MTV from the start.  I didn't personally have cable until I graduated from college in 1987.

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on June 12, 2020, 10:59:16 PM
Quote from: Anguille on June 12, 2020, 03:30:11 PMAre you running Birth of the Federation on Windows 10? Never managed to run it decentely (so slow).
Yes, I am running BOTF on Win10.  I suppose I could just be lucky, but I also made sure to use Thunderchero's all-in-one installer (he just released a new version, incidentally).  The installer includes DxWnd, which allows the game to run much better on machines with Windows 7/10.  (And for some folks, it isn't even possible to run BOTF without DxWnd.)  It's definitely been a life-saver, or at least a sanity-saver.  :)
Maybe i should try tha but i don't think it will help. The game runs fine, it's just that the mouse mouvements in the game are very slow, which is very annoying.

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2020, 11:46:48 AM
^Me too - my family didn't get cable until 1991! Just in time for Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Nirvana on the MTV though.

So Aggressors: Ancient Rome is revamped, or do I wait for the new Imperium game for the revamping?

And the Dawg of Metal is 50...that can't be right.
As Martok said.

Basically, if he had stayed with Slitherine, the game probably would have been called Aggressors: Greek Wars....

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2020, 04:56:48 PM
^You're precisely 1 year older than me!

And thanks Martok...eventually I can see myself getting both Aggressors and Imperium, I'll be honest :)
You should first get the game with the theme you like most. If you like the game, there's a big chance you are going to like the other one as well.

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on June 14, 2020, 01:20:42 AM
Quote from: Martok on June 12, 2020, 10:59:16 PM
Quote from: Anguille on June 12, 2020, 03:30:11 PMAre you running Birth of the Federation on Windows 10? Never managed to run it decentely (so slow).
Yes, I am running BOTF on Win10.  I suppose I could just be lucky, but I also made sure to use Thunderchero's all-in-one installer (he just released a new version, incidentally).  The installer includes DxWnd, which allows the game to run much better on machines with Windows 7/10.  (And for some folks, it isn't even possible to run BOTF without DxWnd.)  It's definitely been a life-saver, or at least a sanity-saver.  :)
Maybe i should try tha but i don't think it will help. The game runs fine, it's just that the mouse mouvements in the game are very slow, which is very annoying.
Actually, DxWnd has been known to help with mouse lag in BOTF -- not always, but more often than not.  It's probably worth checking out (and it certainly can't hurt).  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I have read a lot of Greek history lately so I know a lot more than I did even just a few months ago and have grown to really enjoy it. Persian too. Roman history will always be my top ancients civ to read about so Aggressors sounds like a no brainer. I have also been very interested in the clash of civs, like the era of the rise of Islam, etc.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on June 14, 2020, 01:00:15 PM
I have read a lot of Greek history lately so I know a lot more than I did even just a few months ago and have grown to really enjoy it. Persian too. Roman history will always be my top ancients civ to read about so Aggressors sounds like a no brainer. I have also been very interested in the clash of civs, like the era of the rise of Islam, etc.

I'm still working on a WAW scenario:  Delian_League_458_BC...this covers a strange gap in history: We know at least one Satrap was killed in Egypt about this time and we know his replacement.  We know that Megabyzious trapped and released the Greek fleet once or twice in Egypt and we know he revolted some time around then and maybe traveled the World in Disguise and had an exquisite wife (Amytis) or two.  So I signed up the Delian League for yet another doomed expedition to Cyprus/Phoenicia/Egypt to help Megabysious.  At least it is working as a tutorial for me in building the game system and reading up on the Persian Empire.