Slitherine's anticipated choice of games for 2018 and 2019

Started by Boggit, December 08, 2018, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 08, 2018, 09:59:56 AM
Armored Brigade is my #1 Disappointment of 2018.

Why a disappointment? I have watched many youtube videos, the authors seem to be impressed by it.

Apocalypse 31

QuoteI have watched many youtube videos, the authors seem to be impressed by it.

How many of them are

1. Getting the game for free?
2. Getting paid to promote it?

The game is awful. The pathfinding, the AI, boring battles, the command delays.

Grim.Reaper

i thought ab had potential.  bought it myself for only $20 due to coupon so i am not losing sleep over it, but i am not really feeling it myself and not playing anymore.  not exactly sure why, just didn't grab me.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 12, 2018, 03:45:03 AM
i thought ab had potential.  bought it myself for only $20 due to coupon so i am not losing sleep over it, but i am not really feeling it myself and not playing anymore.  not exactly sure why, just didn't grab me.

I play games for enjoyment and not frustration. AB is purely frustrating due to what I mentioned above

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on December 09, 2018, 12:07:52 AM
Quote from: Toonces on December 08, 2018, 08:59:34 PM
Woohoo!  More WW2 games!  Can't have too many of those! 

::)

Yes. Because non-WW2 games stir controversy.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/7/apple-cuts-historical-war-game-afghanistan-11-whic/
I saw that too. Unbelievable how political indoctrination has skewed the minds of some people at Apple. ::) Then again their CEO holds himself out as the new high priest of public morality everywhere... (I didn't remember voting for him, but hey... :-")

It's not as though the developer or Slitherine were making a political point by the release other than to publish a game on a "real" topic in a non partisan way. IIRC Apple also did this with Ultimate General Civil War because it featured the Confederate flag. Clearly, context be damned...  :idiot2::-\
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bobarossa

It started with Zero Tolerance policies, which is really just an excuse for zero thinking.