It's a Yuri Gagarin Friday!

Started by MetalDog, April 12, 2013, 06:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I'm going to attempt to launch my Kerbals out into space.

And probably kill a few orcs.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

W8taminute

I'm nearing the end of my first intended playthrough of Bioshock Infinite.  Should be able to finish this game this weekend.  Then I want to try 1999 mode.

I'm continuing to practice my skills with Dominion 3 in preparation for our Groghammer MP.  Jason I'll submit my pretender tonight sometime.  Other than the CBM mod is there anything else I need to install?

Some of the boys, courtesy of MetalDog, are getting ready to duke it out in a Civ 4 MP game.  Looking forward to this!

If there is time I'll probably try to hook up with my Groghead buddies Grimnirsson and Hiimori for some Gears of War Judgement action.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

So many games I need to catch-up on if only I could let go of AOW Shadow Magic. I keep trying to just get to a good spot and quit awhile but then some damned thing else happens or comes-up and I gotta go see it or get it or have it and then I'm gone again. The mail's not picked-up, the grass is not cut, food is not cooked, animals aren't fed, the house maybe on fire and I just got to get that last damned thing I need. This game's computer-crack cocaine.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

MengJiao

Quote from: MetalDog on April 12, 2013, 06:03:54 AM
It was this day back in 1961 that Gagrin became the first man in space.  He orbited the Earth once in 108 minutes.  I find it to be one of the crowning achievments of mankind, to break the bonds of gravity and go hurtling through space.

In celebration of Man's achievement, I will be playing a bunch of Warlock.  I know, I know, one has nothing to do with the other, but, SOMEbody has to each those Soviets not to fool with our powerful mages.

I'm aiming for a relatively dull weekend:  cleaning up the game loft (clearing an area for a new desk for the new desktop).  If I get much of that done, the reward will be some Where Eagles Dare (boardgame) and some ARMAIII.

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on April 12, 2013, 08:51:09 AM
I'm continuing to practice my skills with Dominion 3 in preparation for our Groghammer MP.  Jason I'll submit my pretender tonight sometime.  Other than the CBM mod is there anything else I need to install?

just the map - its on the first post of the sign up thread

Tuna

Final inspection done on ny house so hooking my gaming computer back up, woo whoo! All the talk about Shogun lately has given me the urge to fire that up. Also will probably be in the DCS world as well. Maybe a lil Warlock as well.

SgtRock

Finishing taxes this weekend, now that game just sucks! :-[

tgb

Hoping to get my hands on the new beta for MotBW.  That and some retro-RPGing with Might & Magic VII

Sir Slash

That Tax game is one you can never win. But they MAKE YOU play!? >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Trying to decide what to get into next after wrapping up the Mass Effect trilogy. I have a ton of other RPGs I could jump into, but I'm leaning toward something lighter that will let me just blow stuff up.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2013, 11:31:59 AM
Trying to decide what to get into next after wrapping up the Mass Effect trilogy. I have a ton of other RPGs I could jump into, but I'm leaning toward something lighter that will let me just blow stuff up.

Do you want to blow up buildings and stuff or go on a mutant killing rampage?  If you want to slay mutants and bandits, I'd highly recommend looking into Borderlands 2.  Hours of stress relief in that game.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on April 12, 2013, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2013, 11:31:59 AM

Do you want to blow up buildings and stuff or go on a mutant killing rampage?  If you want to slay mutants and bandits, I'd highly recommend looking into Borderlands 2.  Hours of stress relief in that game.

I was thinking starships or aircraft. I have IL-2 for Xbox that I've never gotten into. I may give that a go. Or maybe Star Trek: Legacy. I'm in a console mood, blow stuff up on the big screen.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

smittyohio

More Diablo 3... going to finish up Nightmare on my Witch Doctor, and maybe try to get Act 2 done on my Monk.    Probably some Torchlight 2 with an Embermage also.  Grabbed a mod that lets me respec if needed.  I like to experiment, and don't want to worry about getting it "wrong", and don't want to use someone else's uber-build.   Half the fun is playing around.    I'll continue my RTTS carreer in MLB the Show also.   Year 2 in the Majors isn't being kind to me at the moment.

Arctic Blast

Definitely spend some time with Far Cry 3. I've been having a hankering to dive back in to Company of Heroes a bit, so I'll probably get in to that as well.

On the table, Kemet demands to be played.