Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 26, 2013, 03:42:31 PM
My bums are certainly coming!

(.... ....... that... sounded so much less dirty in my head before I typed it...)

Anyway, no smacking before the NAP3 runs out, I promise.

Relatedly, I wasn't behind that province of yours down south which just went back indie. (That would violate the NAP3 agreement.)

no but ill bet my ass youre in it now!

elitesix

Is Vlam (Agartha) out of town as well? Or did something go wrong with his turn submission?

JasonPratt

Yes, I think Vlam was going to be out of town, too.

Actually, U'geek, I didn't move into it, mainly because I wasn't quite ready to, and partly because I thought it might even be a trap encouraging me to split my forces before I was ready.

So.... does that mean your ass is now mine since you bet it?  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

elitesix

Quote from: Vlam on May 18, 2013, 07:24:48 AM
Thank you very much for this extra time!!!

Yes, I guess that dom3 is this kind of game where you keep learning after years and years.
I'm trying stuff in this one :)

This is the last post I found for Vlam? Has he contacted anyone about leaving/when he was going to get back? I couldn't find anything on his mentioning of being out of town. There was discussion of him possibly going AI. But that was almost ten days ago.

claes

I'm back from vacation and look!  A new turn, how delightful ;)

elitesix

The hosting time interval is messed up. It's set for 5 days - current next turn is due June 3rd. Today is May 29th.

W8taminute

Message from Vanheim

To the peoples of the world:

We know this announcement does not really matter in the grand scheme of world events however this matter we wish to disclose is of vital importance to our people. 

Earlier this week our security forces were in pursuit of a spy in our lands.  Due to the sensitivity of the event we cannot disclose which territory this spy was observed in but the concerned parties know well enough I suspect.  The spy was caught by our security forces but somehow managed to escape.  See figure 1 below:

Figure 1: Vanheim security forces questioning suspicious babe

Vanheim wishes to announce that we understand clearly what will follow in the coming days.  We will not be easily vanquished that much I promise.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

lol, who chose blond 1950s actresses as their nation?

JasonPratt

Well I thought I had already reset the clock to automatically go back to 48 hours, but apparently not!

I just tried again, but of course we'll have to wait at least three days to see if it took.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2013, 09:25:23 AM
lol, who chose blond 1950s actresses as their nation?

Are the Amazons in Middle Age? Maybe that's a clue. :)

(Or someone summoned or hired some stealthy mythological babes. That's how those women got into your base in the Big Pretender game, U'geek.)

undercovergeek

lol - i remember it fondly - a most confusing turn

it was so much more subtle and sweet than 580 demons chewing thru the walls!

JasonPratt

Especially since they were a bit precooked and not really ready to rock and roll. But I was in my final desperation so I figured what the hell I might as well run the experiment and try.

elitesix

The Lake of Steam Accord
(An Atlantis-Vanheim Defensive Pact)

Atlantis guarantees the independence of Vanheim. Vanheim guarantees the independence of Atlantis.

Any nation declaring war upon Atlantis or Vanheim shall be declaring war upon both.

Any nation currently possessing a non-aggression pact-3 with either Vanheim and/or Atlantis will be subject to immediate reprisal if it attacks either Atlantis or Vanheim, without being subject to the standard 3 turn wait before hostilities provision of the nap.

This treaty does not apply if Atlantis or Vanheim is the aggressor and declares war first upon another nation.

claes

Ok so I have forged some artifacts, and am in the process of forging some more as we speak.  My question is now, having forged them, do I give them to the commander that I believe can make the best use of them?  Should I be using the commander that I want to use them to do the forging, or should I have a dedicated commander that I use to churn out artifacts?  I will have more questions about artifacts later, but they will actually depend on the answers that I get to these questions. 

Heh.  This map is so massive.  I can only imagine the end-game battles that will result.

JasonPratt

Re: the Lake of Steam Accord -- I shall have to remember that. ;)

Re: forging artifacts -- who forges the artifacts is completely independent of who uses them. There is no inherent connection between the forger and an artifact. Since artifacts can only be forged at labs, they go immediately into the lab without affecting the forger at all, so for example you needn't worry about a commander being horror marked by various astral artifacts, until you bestow the artifact. (A mule commander for transporting artifacts somewhere outside a lab will naturally pick up effects and curses the same way as anyone else.)

Absolutely give them to the commander who makes the most use of them. Most commanders will be unable to forge any artifacts at all, for example. The only reason I can think of for having the same commander forge the artifact you want him to use, aside from being the only person available and/or capable of doing so, is to help keep track of who gets what -- and that's purely a subjective point, since the artifact goes in the shared lab equipment regardless!