Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 19, 2013, 09:21:45 AM
Well, I'm setting up a new Early Age game soon; I could go with the ultra-large Greyhawk map, so that it hardly matters how many people sign up there still would be room to experiment. :)

(Also, this would give me a chance to play on the ultra-large Greyhawk map.  ;D )

I'm behind the curve, as usual.  What is the Greyhawk map, and where can I go to take a look at it?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

claes

mkivcs

Count me in as well... Ah I see we have a seperate thread for this

claes

Just saw that there is a separate thread for signups, just not stickied ;)

JasonPratt

Whoops, I forgot to add a link to the new EA/MultiA game here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=5981.0

As noted in the description, anyone who wants a smaller game, just let me know and if there's enough interest I'll set up one of those, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

i had a friend for one turn!!!

turn 50 - lets be friends  :D

turn 51 - im going to declare war  :'(

the changing winds of war

sigh

mkivcs

You are on turn 51? I'm only on 24 and demand my next 27 turns today!

Ogaburan

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 06:11:56 AM

turn 50 - lets be friends  :D

turn 51 - im going to declare war  :'(

the changing winds of war

sigh

Maybe their heard rumors of your exploits, and know a treaty with you is less effective then a toilet roll.
Hey, at least they announced the war...  ;)

(For the record its not me, I am too much of a coward to take on Atlantis)

undercovergeek

Quote from: mkivcs on May 20, 2013, 06:43:09 AM
You are on turn 51? I'm only on 24 and demand my next 27 turns today!

lmao - hence im so far in front - lol, slight turn confusion, im travelling in time im that good

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 06:11:56 AM

Not that a NAP3 counts as "friendship" exactly. ;)

But this is why I'm never going to be any good at games like this, because I read that and think "that is so sad, it's okay, please don't worry, I was only kidding, I didn't know you needed a friend that badly!!"

Then I remember he's playing this faction:

And I feel slightly better. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

elitesix

Geek has the interesting tendency to expand and block off other's nations expansion without the strength to back it up.

He did it to me in AprilShowers on like turn 8, when I was double blessed Lanka and he was Pangaea. The blocking of my expansion was a factor in me deciding to make him my first target. He was the first out of that game :/

Similarly, I noticed in this game he promptly took most of the western coast, all while seemingly blocking off 3 western nations from expanding (two of them completely, because 2 of the nations were isle nations). If it was just one nation, I would say maybe it's just the indies or other nations inland that have forced him into that bad position. But given he is blocking three different nations, you have to think, maybe it's his strategy?

Although I don't know for sure who is at war with him, I do know that at least one of these western nations he blocked off decided they were not going to let a weak Machaka dictate borders. I would be surprised if the other nations did not come to the same conclusion.

Good luck geek, you are either very brave or very masochistic :)

JasonPratt

If you didn't choose horrible deathy blood factions all the time we might not color you the bad guy, U'geek. ;)

(Now I'm trying to remember who you're playing over in the DomGrog LA game... Oh well, not near me, so no one important. :) )

Still, if it helps you feel any better, one of my allies accidentally invaded a region where I was almost finished building a fortress last turn. (He had good reasons at the time, I don't hold it against him. :) )

undercovergeek

Quote from: elitesix on May 20, 2013, 09:01:53 AM
Geek has the interesting tendency to expand and block off other's nations expansion without the strength to back it up.

He did it to me in AprilShowers on like turn 8, when I was double blessed Lanka and he was Pangaea. The blocking of my expansion was a factor in me deciding to make him my first target. He was the first out of that game :/

Similarly, I noticed in this game he promptly took most of the western coast, all while seemingly blocking off 3 western nations from expanding (two of them completely, because 2 of the nations were isle nations). If it was just one nation, I would say maybe it's just the indies or other nations inland that have forced him into that bad position. But given he is blocking three different nations, you have to think, maybe it's his strategy?

Although I don't know for sure who is at war with him, I do know that at least one of these western nations he blocked off decided they were not going to let a weak Machaka dictate borders. I would be surprised if the other nations did not come to the same conclusion.

Good luck geek, you are either very brave or very masochistic :)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - bad form, anti Machaka propaganda right here for all to see

who says im weak? and youre the only sea nation that needs to come ashore

i know what youve been doing - i can smell octupus based treachery here!

elitesix

Something's only propaganda if it's not true.

You know what I'm saying is true. If you disagree, I can post a screenshot of your borders if you want (with everything else, including other nation's territories, blurred out). But I'm guessing you don't want that, right?:)

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 20, 2013, 09:12:54 AM

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - bad form, anti Machaka propaganda right here for all to see

who says im weak? and youre the only sea nation that needs to come ashore

i know what youve been doing - i can smell octupus based treachery here!