Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elitesix

From http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Groghammer as of Last updated at 15:43 GMT on Friday April 26th
Current time: 15:43 GMT

Game: Groghammer
Turn number 12
Next turn due: 22:00 GMT on Saturday April 27th

JasonPratt

I honestly have no idea sometimes what the timeclock code does...

I tried to bump it to late Monday night Pacific time, but that apparently didn't work (I'm glad someone noticed and posted!) -- so I've sent in another attempt at bumping forward the time, but it only bumped forward to sometime late Sunday night. Whatever. I hope that'll be sufficient.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Philippe

If I understand what's happening (and I probably don't) I think the timer is set to go off in the early evening on Sunday, Pacific Time.

Not a problem if you're in the UK or the East Coast of the US, but might be a little tight if you're coming back from a camping trip on the West Coast.

What would happen if you took another shot at extending the time clock on Saturday (i.e. try again tomorrow)?  Maybe it would give you an extra 24 hours.

And would it be useful for the adminstrator to have a list of what time zone we are all in?
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

ScottWAR

Well,...his turn is in,...so you might want to let the turn change tomorrow as scheduled. No point changing the timer till Monday for someone who has their turn in already..............
After the turn changes then set it for Monday night or Tuesday some time.

elitesix

Quote from: ScottWAR on April 26, 2013, 04:07:39 PM
Well,...his turn is in,...so you might want to let the turn change tomorrow as scheduled. No point changing the timer till Monday for someone who has their turn in already..............
After the turn changes then set it for Monday night or Tuesday some time.

Agreed. But it wouldn't be the end of the world if it doesn't change, because the turn will autohost if everyone submits.

JasonPratt

Exactly. Besides which I already did it and the server doesn't let me take it back. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

dunno if thats how its supposed to work - but all the turns are in and the server's reset to waiting for turns from everyone - but i dont think it sent out any notifications - i asked for a turn resend which subsequently sent turn 13 which i believe is the next one - i wont process or send it in as i dont know what the heinous consequences are without Jasons nod of approval

Vlam

Hello guys!
In despite of the power of Agartha, I'm going in Holidays from tomorrow to the 5 may.
I may be able to play turns, but it's not sure.

Can you adjust time on llamaserver please, and leave quickhost on?

Sorry for this  :-[ .

By the way, I'd like to congratulate everyone for such a fast rythm: we're often using the quickhost, whereas there is a lot of players!

RIP Gamin, I'll avenge you!

JasonPratt

U'geek, sometimes the server gets flustered and forgets to send out turns. It's perfectly safe to request a turn resend and then to play what you receive. Sometimes when the server is laggy and I request a turn resend, I get that AND the original turn! -- either one is fine to work from, just delete the other.

JasonPratt

Vlam, when you can, drop a post or email or pmail about which time zone you're in, and I'll try to adjust the clock accordingly. Right now it's set for sometime late Sunday night British time I think, but you're going to need another week.

Of course that's just a safety net; if you manage to send in turns while on wifi, the games will process anyway.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 27, 2013, 10:54:03 AM
Vlam, when you can, drop a post or email or pmail about which time zone you're in, and I'll try to adjust the clock accordingly. Right now it's set for sometime late Sunday night British time I think, but you're going to need another week.

Of course that's just a safety net; if you manage to send in turns while on wifi, the games will process anyway.

i think vlams french so hes GMT +1 but then again he might be living in Australia!!

youre right on the turns - i got the resend 3 hours before the official turn

Vlam

Nice one undercovergeek!
Indeed, I'm french. But anyway, I love english's communities ;)

elitesix

When does Bison get back again? Just so I know when to check the game status again :)

Bison

I'm not anywhere.  I just return a turn last evening.

elitesix