Platoon Command Coming to LnLP

Started by Thrawn, March 20, 2016, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrawn

We are very proud to announce David Thompson card game design is coming to LnLP. Platoon Command you take the role of a platoon leader, guiding your platoon into combat in order to capture critical battlefield objectives. Platoon Command is a quick-playing game that uses cards for combat, command and control, fog of war, and attrition. The mission objective is to gain Objective Points by controlling areas of the battlefield. You accomplish this objective by issuing orders to your command group, three rifle squads, and specialized personnel.

bayonetbrant

w00t! pointed this one out back in 2014 in the "Intel Dump" thread!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2014, 10:31:31 AM
first up!

click to (really) enlarge  - - -   being shopped around by designer at Essen soon; this is his 'sell sheet' to publishers

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

skirmish_tactics

Love it, Brant. Thanks for spreading the word back in late 2014. It's because of you that David reached out to me...and the rest is history.

I'm happy to answer any questions folks might have about the game.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: skirmish_tactics on March 20, 2016, 06:09:41 PMLove it, Brant. Thanks for spreading the word back in late 2014. It's because of you that David reached out to me...and the rest is history.

glad I helped make the connection!

now book a flight to Origins and come join the fun! :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

skirmish_tactics

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 20, 2016, 06:40:19 PM
Quote from: skirmish_tactics on March 20, 2016, 06:09:41 PMLove it, Brant. Thanks for spreading the word back in late 2014. It's because of you that David reached out to me...and the rest is history.

glad I helped make the connection!

now book a flight to Origins and come join the fun! :D

I'll come to Origins if you can make it to the UK Games Expo in June!  :)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Quote from: skirmish_tactics on March 21, 2016, 01:09:29 AMI'll come to Origins if you can make it to the UK Games Expo in June!  :)

One of these days you'll have to put your money where your mouth is ;)

skirmish_tactics

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 21, 2016, 02:36:19 PM
Quote from: skirmish_tactics on March 21, 2016, 01:09:29 AMI'll come to Origins if you can make it to the UK Games Expo in June!  :)

One of these days you'll have to put your money where your mouth is ;)

I only have another year or two in the UK...after that it will be back to the US and Gencon, Origins, BGG Con, etc for me!