Current Events News Quiz

Started by bayonetbrant, June 29, 2015, 11:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: Swatter on June 30, 2015, 11:30:34 PM
12/12
I also took another  PEW survey about political typology, I scored "Next Generation Left". That frightens me a little :-\

Not any surprise - but I scored "Business Conservative" on the PEW Political Typology.

MetalDog

11/12.  I didn't know what Warren looked like,  I had originally thought 3, but talked myself out of it.  Turns out I should have gone with my first guess.  And I deduced the make up of the Senate.  I knew the Republicans had a majority, but I also knew it wasn't overwhelming.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Quote from: airboy on July 01, 2015, 09:43:05 AM
Quote from: Swatter on June 30, 2015, 11:30:34 PM
12/12
I also took another  PEW survey about political typology, I scored "Next Generation Left". That frightens me a little :-\

Not any surprise - but I scored "Business Conservative" on the PEW Political Typology.

Ditto.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40

Quote from: Barthheart on June 29, 2015, 12:22:37 PM
10/12

I was going to complain that the test was US centric but the 2 questions I got wrong were about the Pope and the US supreme Court.... :P

Me too!

I missed the same 2 questions.  I had no idea where the Pope was from.  I figured Italy was a safe guess, statistically speaking.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bbmike

Quote from: MetalDog on July 01, 2015, 11:19:58 AM
11/12.  I didn't know what Warren looked like,  I had originally thought 3, but talked myself out of it.  Turns out I should have gone with my first guess.  And I deduced the make up of the Senate.  I knew the Republicans had a majority, but I also knew it wasn't overwhelming.

Exactly the same for me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak