Main Menu

Stopping app clutter

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, June 26, 2015, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

Sometimes I find my tablet bogging down for no apparent reason. When I look in apps, running, i find a huge number of cached processes. On a 1 Mb ram tablet, just running with 1 app, it may be 3/4 of memory blocked up. If i end cached processes, by end or by force stop, (youtube , skype, all kinds of crap that i did not start seem to be running) I can cut the memory used to about 1/2 mb.

So my question is how can you block this stuff from starting itself? It should start when I start it only! Seems like basic logic. The tablet starts to run fairly fast when you clean out the junk processes.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

if you're on an Android, go get the Advanced Task Killer

I just hit it every hour or so and it clears out a lot of dumb shit that's running
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

If you are on iOS you double click the home button. Then you flick each app up to kill it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

I got one of the android process killers. There were over 100 on the play store, seems like a common problem.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598