Traveller & Star Trek RPG

Started by bbmike, June 13, 2015, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

most of the old repubs are clean scans from mint copies of the vintage books - they're excellent quality scans, but they aren't always OCR'ed to where you can do text searches instead of just reading what's there
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

They are indeed high quality PDFs. I would love to print them out.
In other news, I've ordered the hardback Mongoose Traveller Core Rules from DriveThruRPG!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

You, Sir, have a problem.

O0

...and I have some pdfs to purchase...

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on July 03, 2015, 07:39:11 AM
In other news, I've ordered the hardback Mongoose Traveller Core Rules from DriveThruRPG!

Was the hardback cheaper there or something?  I've seen the latest hardbacks on sale from Amazon and elsewhere.

bbmike

Quote from: Nefaro on July 04, 2015, 01:45:56 AM
Quote from: bbmike on July 03, 2015, 07:39:11 AM

Was the hardback cheaper there or something?  I've seen the latest hardbacks on sale from Amazon and elsewhere.

No, it was an impulse buy. I did look at eBay and Amazon but at the time the prices were about the same.

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 03, 2015, 09:58:21 PM
You, Sir, have a problem.

O0

...and I have some pdfs to purchase...

If lovin' my hobby is wrong, I don't wanna be right!  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Man.  That was a lot of stuff for such a small $$ amount.

Need to plus-up my haul with some additional supplements, stat!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 06, 2015, 02:03:05 PMMan.  That was a lot of stuff for such a small $$ amount.

are you talking about the promo deal?  or a different one?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 06, 2015, 07:11:37 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 06, 2015, 02:03:05 PMMan.  That was a lot of stuff for such a small $$ amount.

are you talking about the promo deal?  or a different one?

Sorry; talking about the bundleofholding offer.

Impressed at the quality and general succinctness of the materials ive seen so far.

Sad that I missed this game the first time 'round.

BanzaiCat

Damn you all. I just bought the pack and I never played Traveler before. Nor have I anyone to play it with now! :(

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 07, 2015, 08:44:09 AM
Damn you all. I just bought the pack and I never played Traveler before. Nor have I anyone to play it with now! :(

If it makes you feel any better, many of the RPGs I've bought ended up just being reading material.  But that's okay because I enjoy learning game systems, for some reason.  Even better if they have an interesting background setting, monsters, magic, and other things to read about. 

I've not yet tried one of the Solitaire GM systems, but I plan on trying the Mythic GME with one of my RPGs sometime soon.  Would be more like a mix of RPG used to assist in your creation of a fictional story, yet with unforeseen twists.  Can actually see how the Mythic one would come in real handy for GM-less games too, with little prep needed.

bbmike

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 07, 2015, 08:44:09 AM

Yeah, good time to give the Mythic system a go. I'm about to start a game of Star Trek RPG with it. I spent the last couple of weeks creating my crew. I had fun just doing that! I'll eventually start a solo Traveller game as well.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

I was surprised to read that today (I snuck in some time to check it out). Makes perfect sense considering this was 1980 or so and finding gaming groups would have been a hell of a lot harder back then. I enjoyed reading their recommendations for finding a gaming group by posting a note on the bulletin board at a grocery store (as well as gaming stores of course). I remember those days well.

Dammit Carl!

Could run a pbp here in the tabletop aar area perhaps?

BanzaiCat

Play-by-forum might be doable if there's a dedicated group. I've done that kind of thing before with collaborative fiction sites but I have zero Traveler experience, other than what I've read since yesterday.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 07, 2015, 10:09:21 PM
Could run a pbp here in the tabletop aar area perhaps?

If anyone decides to set this up can I get in on it please  ::)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog