Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

TURN FIFTEEN -- INCOME PHASE
----------------------------

No delayed cash to deposit.

I.I.'s Aristocrats have 12 starting cash; +5 personal cash; +3+1+1 senator income; +5+4 knight income; +3 Harbor Fees;
= new Faction Total 34 Talents.

Tripoli's Militarists have 0 starting cash; +0 personal cash; +3+1+1 senator income; +5+6+2 knight income; +2 Tax Farming; +0 contracted Sicilia spoils this turn
= new Faction Total 20 Talents.

The Frog's Plutocrats have 6 starting cash; +6 personal cash; +5+1 senator income (Plutocrat ability); (+1+2)*2 knight income (Plutocrat ability);
= new Faction Total 24 Talents (so far, not counting optional spoils attempts).

AzTank's Conservatives have 35 starting cash; +5+5+2 personal cash; +3+1+1 senator income; +1 priest income; +4 Sicilian Grain; +2 Tax Farming; +2 CisGaul income; +1 contracted Sicilia spoils this turn;
= new Faction total 62 Talents.

Malize's Populists have 10 starting cash; +0 personal cash; +3+1+1 senator income (FabiMax's family isn't politically active to contribute income while he's captive); +2+2+1 knight income (ditto); +5 Egyptian Grain income; +3 Mining income (Armaments trigger if Legions are Raised);
= new Faction total 28 Talents.

Erax's Progressives have 5 starting cash; +10+10+10 personal cash; +3+1 senator income; +2+2 knight income; +1+1 priest incomes; +5 (1d6 roll) PontMax income; +2+2 Tax Farming income; +3 Land Commissioner income; (Shipbuilding only triggers when Fleets are Raised);
= new Faction total 57 Talents! (new record for Erax)

The Republic currently has 132 Talents. Expected fixed income and expenses are 100 normal income; -20-20-20 for Active Wars; (-23 active legions -22 active fleets)*2 upkeep = projected normal balance of 82 Talents (not counting Provincial taxes or upkeep).

The Land Commissioner Concession returns to the Forum.

There is no current Drought effect, so Grain Concessions cannot sacrifice Popularity for extra income this turn.

Players must now tell me their distributions, including whether any senator(s) will donate to the Republic for Influence. (10+ for 1 Inf; 25+ for extra 2 Inf; 49+ for extra 4 Inf)

You may also make preliminary plans for the Forum Phase: knight and/or senator persuasion attempts; sponsoring games; changing your Faction Leadership; possibly playing Intrigue cards (but those should be told to me privately).

The Frog must tell me if Acilius will be attempting Spoils on CisHispania (1d6-2) and/or Sardi-Corsi (1d6-5). If you come up negative you must pay the difference yourself!

Acilius' Local taxes can only be automatically spent, raising one provincial troop in Hispania, and one more provincial fleet (to 2) in Sardi-Corsi; but let me know if you want to contribute more cash to raise provincial forces (10 per unit, Manpower Shortage doesn't seem to affect it; no troops available in Sardi-Corsi yet, or fleets in CitHisp ever).

AzTank's Furius automatically collects Spoils from CisGaul since there is no downside, 1d6+1 = 2 Talents. Local Taxes increase troops automatically by another 2 to 6.

Per his ongoing Contract with Tripoli's Aelius (now in 2nd turn of 3), Terentius must attempt 1d6 spoils from Sicilia (corrupting it again). He rolls 1, and so AzTank adds 1 Talent to his income. (This cannot be divided with Aeilius, who was already ahead 2 to 1. Current balance now 2:2.)

AzTank must tell me how Terentius will spend his 30 local Sicily taxes, between fleets and troops (cost 10 each). You won't reach the max either way this turn. You can opt to spend extra faction cash on raising forces in any of your Provinces (troops only in Gaul.)

Malize must tell me if Aurelius will attempt spoils (1d6-3) on UltHisp. You'll have to pay a negative result yourself! Local UltHisp taxes are automatically applied (10 talents) to raise 1 (of 5 max) provincial Auxiliary; but you can optionally donate to raise more.

Malize should also tell me if he plans to ransom FabiMax at this time. Cost will be 18 Talents (from the Faction Treasury in this case). As long as your Faction and/or FabiMax himself has enough cash, you can call in the Ransom at any time (before a Victorious combat rescue attempt anyway!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Erax

AzTank gets another T$ 6 for his Knights.

I spent 5 to buy a Knight, so my personal cash is 20+5, and I should have T$ 52.

Everything else checks out.

Erax

25 to Flaminius who spends 5 on a knight, 15 to Plautius, 12 in Treasury.

malize

18 to spring my captive

7 to Cato for games (spare pop to Aurelius)

3 in the bank

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

IncompetentIdiot

Tripoli

12 to Aelius, who spends 7 on games for +1 popularity, and 5 for a knight.  Remainder 8 in the bank
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

ArizonaTank

10 to each of my guys.  Paulus will hold games.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I'll start processing when I get back from the city tonight. (Off to catch the opening matinee of the new Godzilla film.  :smitten: )

Ethel the Frog

A knight for Acilius, and divide then divide three ways 1/3 to each senator and 1/3 to the faction. 

Ethel the Frog

Changing up.  I will do spoils both places, so after the Knight, I will keep 10 in faction cash to cover spoils, and the remainder to be split between my two guys. 

JasonPratt

Got it.

I've sent AzTank a reminder that (as the Frog noticed in his own provinces) he has to determine how local taxes will be spent in force upgrades.

Aside from that, I'm only missing an extra note from Malize about whether he wants Aurelius to try for spoils (1d6-3) in his province or not. My assumption would be not, due to the significant risk he'll have to pay upkeep himself, in a turn where he needs the extra cash to ransom Fabius back, so if I don't hear back I'll go that way to be safe -- but I also don't want to simply assume.  O:-)

JasonPratt

I'm not waiting on AzTank to process the Phase, by the way; but I am on short call to run wedding errands (and eventually go to a cousin's wedding), yesterday and today, so I doubt I'll be ready to post up results and start the Forum Phase until sometime tomorrow.

Maybe late tomorrow afternoon, depending on whether I talk Bro into going to see the new Godzilla film tomorrow after church.  :smitten:

JasonPratt

I.I. gives 15 to Quinctius and 5 to Cornelius.

Tripoli gives 12 to Aelius who will spend 7 on games later, and 5 for an automatic knight. Keeps 8 in the bank.

The Frog will give 5 to Acilius for a knight later; and split the remainder between his senators after spoils. Hispania Citerior rolled 1d6-2 = 3-1 = +1 spoils. Sardi-Corsi rolled 1d6-5 = 3 (again -5 = -2 spoils. +1 -2 = -1 from Faction Treasury. 24 - 1 (net spoils) -5 (to Acilius) = 18, divided by 2 senators = 9 per senator.

AzTank gives 10 to each guy, keeps the remaining 38. Paulus will hold games with 7 of his. Apparently I should make the local tax choices. I choose to keep the proportional plan going that he started last turn: 2 troops, 1 fleet (now 4:2).

Malize won't risk spoils, since he has a lot of expenses to work on this turn. 18 immediately to ransom FabiMax back; 7 to Cato for games later (spare pop point to Aurelius afterward). Keeps 3 in the bank.

Erax will give 25 to Flam who will spend 5 on an automatic knight; 15 to Plautius. Keeps 12 in the Faction treasury.

Segment 3, Republic income.

Governed Provinces now roll for development, 1d6 wins on 6 or better. HispCit, 4. Sardi-Corsi, 4. Sicilia 5 (note that if he hadn't tried for spoils, he would have developed it! -- but contractually he had to try.) HispUlt, 2. No developments.

Rome's treasury has 132; +100 normal income; -20-20-20 Active Wars; -45 (of 50) units x 2 upkeep; -2 -7 +8 +10 -3 random State Incomes;  no extra incomes or expenses this turn;
= new Republic total 88 Talents.

All Provinces tick off one notch on the Governors' terms.

This ends the Revenue Phase.