Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

those cant all be nukes.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

I dunno. Those hull numbers all look like they are in the high 500s to 600s. And there weren't many US diesel subs that used the tear drop hull.

Looks like maybe Nautilus in there with some Skates and then later types.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

I found the original pic at Navsource Online and Wikicommons. Based on the associated caption one of you guys with free time and internet access at work should be able to go through the list and tally up the nukes and d/e boats. I expect you to format the answers in an attached spreadsheet file with class, hull number, powerplant type, year of launch, decommissioning, number of tours, and notable events all in sortable columns.
Go to work!

http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08592.htm
QuoteAn aerial view of a section of the Ship Intermediate Maintenance Facility at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard on 17 May 1993. One submarine tender and 16 decommissioned nuclear-powered submarines are shown including the Seawolf (SSN-575); six George Washington, and Lafayette class SSBN's (with their missile sections cut out) plus several Skate, Skipjack, Permit and Sturgeon class SSN's. All are awaiting scrapping.
Bottom row, from left to right Thomas A. Edison (SSBN-610), Skipjack (SS-585), Snook (SSN-592), Henry Clay (SSBN-625), Lapon (SSN-661), Dace (SSN-607), Skate (SSN-578), Swordfish (SSN-579), Sargo (SSN-583) , Seadragon (SSN-584).
Across the pier are Thomas Jefferson (SSBN-618), and not in view, Patrick Henry (SSBN-599), George Washington (SSBN-598),Barb (SSN-596) & Sea Devil (SSN-664).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Puget_Sound_Naval_Shipyard_in_the_1990s#mediaviewer/File:USS_Sperry_(AS-12)_and_retired_submarines_at_Puget_Sound_1993.JPEG
QuoteAn aerial view of a section of the U.S. Navy Ship Intermediate Maintenance Facility at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard on 17 May 1993. One submarine tender and 16 decommissioned nuclear-powered submarines are shown including the USS Seawolf (SSN-575); six George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin class SSBN's (with their missile sections cut out) plus several Skate, Skipjack, Permit and Sturgeon class SSN's. All were awaiting scrapping. Identifiable boats are, from left to right: USS Thomas A. Edison (SSBN-610), USS Skipjack (SS-585), unidentifiable, USS Triton (SSRN-586), possibly the USS Benjamin Franklin (SSBN-640), unidentifiable, USS Skate (SSN-578), USS Sargo (SSN-583), USS Swordfish (SSN-579), USS Seawolf (SSN-575), unidentifiable. Behind them is the submarine tender USS Sperry (AS-12). Across the pier are what appear to be the USS Thomas Jefferson (SSBN-618), USS Patrick Henry (SSBN-599), USS George Washington (SSBN-598), unidentifiable, and maybe USS Barb (SSN-596).

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Certain a light touch with respect to infrastructure.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

GDS_Starfury

thats a post retirement shot.

mirth

Staggerwing

GDS_Starfury

Staggerwing

Nice! Here she is as she was in the Age of Wickerworks:

mirth

QuoteRussian Pr. 949A Oscar II SSGN K-266 Oryol in Zvezdochka Shipyard, Severodvinsk 2014

mirth

QuoteThe Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Olympia (SSN 717) moors at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam after returning from a seven-month deployment to the western Pacific region.

GDS_Starfury

glad to see the Red in Red Banner Fleet stands for Rust.  ;D

mirth

QuoteUSS Augusta (CA-31), USS Midway (CV-41), USS Enterprise (CV-6), USS Missouri (BB-63), USS New York (BB-34), USS Helena (CA-75), and USS Macon (CA-132) in the Hudson River, New York City for Navy Day. Oct 1945.