UK military contract with Slitherine

Started by jomni, July 31, 2019, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

They're a government body. They're used to bloated, inefficient software that ignores user experience.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

al_infierno

If anything, your average jarhead (not our beloved moderator :P) would probably find Battlefront software a breeze compared to the crap they use for online training programs and whatnot.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Elvis

Quote from: Con on August 02, 2019, 02:31:40 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 01, 2019, 10:25:43 PM
Wait until the Brits try to install their upgrades.... Sorry, just too easy to resist. "Bad Slash, Bad, Bad, Slash"!  :hug:
In the same sense of humor does Brexit mean they will have to get a second license and email Elvis on the grog board for tech help on the modules

If so, I make a promise to everyone here that my first response will always be "have you tried rebooting the computer?". Whether it applies to the issue or not.

Tuna

Quote from: Elvis on August 06, 2019, 07:49:07 AM
Quote from: Con on August 02, 2019, 02:31:40 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 01, 2019, 10:25:43 PM
Wait until the Brits try to install their upgrades.... Sorry, just too easy to resist. "Bad Slash, Bad, Bad, Slash"!  :hug:
In the same sense of humor does Brexit mean they will have to get a second license and email Elvis on the grog board for tech help on the modules

If so, I make a promise to everyone here that my first response will always be "have you tried rebooting the computer?". Whether it applies to the issue or not.

I thought it was "Have you turned it off and turned it on?" IT Crowd is from the BBC right?

Sir Slash

Sorry Elvis. I love the BFC games, nothing like them anywhere, or well as good in my opinion. I will leave it at that.  :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.