Ship Models Most Excellent, and No You Don't Get Those 5 Hours Of Your Life Back

Started by bayonetbrant, February 17, 2014, 11:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

You have been warned, click this link only when you have the time

https://www.facebook.com/KostasShipModels

click images to enlarge for full-on ogling; the previews don't do them justice

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

The thing that really strikes me, apart from the incredible detail on such small models, is the way the sea is modelled. I don't think I've ever seen anything that realistic. The man is clearly very talented.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tuna

This is awesome stuff.. I think in recent years the modeling community has come up with amazing ways to simulate seas with resins and such...

LOL.. I say recent years, yet I haven't touched a model in 6 years.. so I guess I should say in the last decade or so..

GDS_Starfury

The kast 15 years or so have seen a huge renaissance in model making.  Photo etch, slide molding, 3d printing, paintsand pigments and research has gone a long way.  The afternarket stuff has exploded and smaller companies can bring niche subjects to market cheaply.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.