Discuss GrogCast Episode 8!

Started by bayonetbrant, April 28, 2015, 02:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Jarhead drops into the GrogCast for this week's episode
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Your description is identical to GrogCast Episode 7. Or maybe you're already broadcasting reruns.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Nobody reads that. We barely know there's a 'front page' :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on April 28, 2015, 04:18:07 PMYour description is identical to GrogCast Episode 7. Or maybe you're already broadcasting reruns.  :P
Nah - fixed.  Somehow the changes got saved in draft mode without being published.

Quote from: mirth on April 28, 2015, 06:02:54 PMNobody reads that. We barely know there's a 'front page' :P

Suck.  It.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Just so long as 'it' is not Star.

BanzaiCat

So, the added audio clips were not too much?

mirth

Jack Nastyface

Congratulations on another great episode.  This stuff is great to listen to while I am deep in the heart of powerpoint slide deck development!
@Jarhead - so what say you about the small arms ballistic penetration model from SWAT3 and SWAT4?   
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jarhead0331

Swat 3 was good, but Arma 3 is much more complex. You have a much wider range of firearms and projectiles with a much more open and varied environment. The swat games were almost exclusively focused around CQB. there was no modeling of breathing, strain, Gravity, etc.

all that being said, I would have liked to have mentioned it as one of the few games that actually tried to model firearms in a somewhat authentic manner.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Mr. Bigglesworth

Kewl, listened to the second half of episode 8 today. the "download" link gave me about 1/2 hr yesterday. It is unlikely it would have played if it was a file that got damaged. JH, another fine guest, sounds huge. I visualize a mix of Marlon Brando and the heavy from TF2 talking.

Fine work BC.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598