Whoever is running Wendy's Twitter account...

Started by bayonetbrant, January 05, 2017, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Nefaro on March 14, 2018, 06:05:29 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 04:25:10 PM
I've never even heard of or been to Wendy's  ??? But those are some funny quotes  :DD I still love a McDonald's big mac though  :smitten:

Wendy's = best fast food chain here.   :notworthy:

Better food than the rest.  Aside from the good burgers & fries, I've always thought their chili was surprisingly good, along with some other menu items.  Can't say that for most of the other chains.

The BKs around here have a rather unsanitary look about them.  They're usually alright, but I'm always wary.

I'll bear that in mind Nefaro, if I ever find myself over there in the states I'll have to pop into Wendy's and try a burger  O0 I like chilli, but only if its mild  :o And its not just in the states where BK looks unsanitary, they vary a lot over here, some look very clean, others just look like a bacteria friendly hoarding house  ??? I'd also love to go to an American diner to eat if I ever get over there, they always look great places to eat in the movies  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

Quote from: trailrunner on March 14, 2018, 06:19:21 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
that slogan, where's the beef, is a new one on me. Never heard it before, but its a good one!

Yeah, that was a big saying here for a while.  Even now, evry now and then we use a variation of that -- "it was all bun but no beef" -- to describe something.

That's cool to know, thanks Trailrunner ;) it's always nice to know someone else's cultural references  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bbmike on March 14, 2018, 06:22:44 PM

No, no! The experience you describe is quite normal after eating American fast food!  O0

Great, just as I was warming up to the idea of trying other American fast food joints, you tell me this  ;D way to throw a spanner in the works... Or a flame grilled whopper even!!!!!!  :bd:  ;D

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 15, 2018, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on March 14, 2018, 05:18:31 PM
I can't eat from burger King, I'll get a drink from there, but I can't eat their food. I was traumatised once with really bad food poisoning from one of their burgers  :hide:

I threw up through my nose (an experience I have managed to not entirely repeat since then) -- even got some bits stuck in that eustachian tube going to my right ear. Have not managed to convince my body to eat any since then EVEN THOUGH TECHNICALLY I KNOW I STILL LOVE IT!

Did you get the sauce or cheese on it? Those are more likely to go bad than the bun or the flamed meat.

Like Nefaro, the BKs around here have developed unsanitary looks about them.

OMG.... That's gross! Did I mention I have a gag reflex, I'm literally gagging reading that very descriptive tail of your burger experience... Dude, less is more  :bd:  Sorry it went that badly for you though, wow, sounds horrible  :-\
It did have cheese on it, and I didn't know it went off worse than the meat. Maybe that's the secret to eating in BK, plain burger?
It's a shame BK can't standardise their sanitation in all there stores  :-\

Emeraldlis

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 15, 2018, 02:05:49 PM
Whataburger beats em all.

I've heard that before from a guy living in the states, that Whataburger is good  :) I'd love to try it some day... Hopefully  O0

Emeraldlis

JasonPratt

Oddly, reading or even describing and remembering that, doesn't affect me at all -- and I lived through it! Maybe it's like childbirth? (Note to self: probably not like childbirth.)

I should guess the cheese is what went bad then. I can hardly imagine the meat going bad, considering that they start frozen (unlike Wendys!) and go through double-sided flame broiling. Still, hard to say, I'm not highly experienced (or at all) in fast-food preparation subtleties and risks.

Americans love food -- as our obesity rates testify! -- so between that and our cultural melting pot tendencies, you will never, ever run out of good food to try from coast to coast, if you visit here. (And bad food, you'll never run out of that either.  :P )

Incidentally, speaking of Americans loving our food, "Hamburger Helper", while it uses ground beef, is actually a line of boxed dried-ingredient casseroles (ground beef or chuck supplied freshly by the user). The sauce is probably what went bad despite being in my fridge overnight; Mom would say this came from using the skillet to store the food overnight. I have no idea why that would make a difference, especially since I was religious and thorough about cleaning the skillet between use, but I can hardly argue about the results! (The terrible, terrible results. Never again storing food even temporarily in what I cooked it in.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!