Rise of Flight - Flying Circus Vol. 1 EA now available

Started by Jarhead0331, July 30, 2018, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

WWI aviation really isn't my bag...but I know some of you dig it.

Flying Circus – Volume One Early Access Now Available!

Dear ROF Pilots,

It's time to return to the Great War and experience WWI like never before! We are proud to announce that Early Access for Flying Circus – Volume One has begun!

As many of you already know, we are bringing WWI content to the IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series and building our spiritual successor to Rise of Flight. We hope Flying Circus – Volume One will be the beginning of a successful series of WWI themed air combat products that will allow us to expand upon what we have already accomplished with Rise of Flight. Flying Circus will capitalize and utilize all the technical improvements made to our simulation engine including VR support, 64-bit architecture, DirectX 11 and many other optimizations and enhancements in graphics, performance, AI, terrain rendering and more.

As of now, Early Access includes the SPAD 13 and Fokker Dr.1 to fly and fight one another in. Our Lapino maps are acting as a stand-in for the future French map and both planes have been re-built and re-mastered by our partners at Yugra Media from earlier less complex models. This means improved mesh, textures, damage and other small enhancements of the same aircraft from previous products. As with all our Early Access periods more flyable aircraft and proper WWI related effects and technology will follow in the coming months. Time to get the goggles and scarves out of the closet!

Flying Circus Early Access can be ordered HERE.

The full plane-set for Flying Circus – Volume One is:

Spad XIII
    Sopwith Dolphin
    Sopwith Camel
    RAF S.E.5a
    Bristol Fighter F.II + III
    Albatros D.Va
    Fokker Dr.1
    Fokker D.VII + F
    Pfalz D.IIIa
    Halberstadt CL.II + (200hp)

We'd also like to take this time to explain our discount plan for Rise of Flight users who purchase Flying Circus and qualify for a special discount code. We have chosen to give ROF users who supported us throughout our existence an additional discount. Without this support we would not be here today and is a small way to say thanks to those that supported us when it mattered most. Some customers really went above and beyond in their financial support and that is reflected in the discounts below. We only wish economic reality would allow for it to be more.

First, everyone who orders during the Early Access period gets a $10 discount off regular MSRP no matter what. Second, if you are an existing ROF customer and meet certain criteria you qualify for an additional discount. The criteria are as follows.

Anyone who purchased content for ROF between its launch in 2009 to July 25, 2018 from our website, STEAM or a boxed or digital copy from official retail partners during that time frame will receive an additional discount for a limited time.

If you spent between $0.01 and $70.99 on ROF content you will receive an additional $5 OFF.
    If you spent between $71.00 and $200.99 on ROF content you will receive an additional $10 OFF.
    If you spent greater than $201.00 on ROF content you will receive an additional $15 OFF.

For STEAM users who have purchased ROF products we have analyzed everyone's ROF User Account and tried to determine your total investment and took that into consideration as we determined your special discount. For those that have bought products from both our website and STEAM we have taken both sources into consideration.

Additionally, ALL ROF users that have made any purchase of ROF content at any time over the years, we have placed an additional promo code for 25% OFF your next order from the IL-2 store in your ROF profile. Some ROF pilots have not had the chance to experience IL-2 yet so this is a great opportunity to give it a go! Sorry, but the code cannot be applied to FC, TC or BoBP.

The special discount period ends September 14, 2018.

To get your special discount you'll need to access your ROF User Account on the ROF website and retrieve a promo code we have placed in your user profile. Then go to the IL-2 webstore and place your order for Flying Circus or other product. Enter your discount/promo code at check out. The additional discount will be reflected in the final amount.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Despite being a huge fan of 777 Studios' output, I've never been a fan of their "pre-order or you'll never see another sim" approach to marketing.  That said I have caved in and bought this.
So, my take is:as a game I can't recommend it as it stands.  You get two planes to fly over an anachronistic landscape and that's about it.    I think there may some MP, but Spad v Dr1 is not a match-up for long-lived fun.  If you have any of the previous BoX modules you could take on the WW2 crates in the Spad or Dr1 in QB, but I'm not sure how often you'd want to repeat that experience

In prospect, as a current Roffer, I think this will be a great sim, so buy if you want to invest in a future product, but don't if you expect anything more than a proof of concept at the moment.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Whether the new game is good or not, I just can't imagine purchasing all my previous aircraft again...then if they ever upgrade again, rinsing and repeating.  It's nice they gave a discount, just not sure it would make up for a library of previous aircraft.

Destraex

Apart from graphics. I want to know what the point of difference is for the new vs the old rise of flight. Also want to know if features have been ditched after reading about what is in Tank Crew. Which I do not consider to have anything different to older ww2 tank sims that I want in. I remember rise of flight having hand signals modelled, which I thought was amazing. Not much good in multiplayer but amazing for single. It would not surprise me if this feature has been dropped unless they really are using the same engine.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

RyanE

"In prospect, as a current Roffer, I think this will be a great sim, so buy if you want to invest in a future product, but don't if you expect anything more than a proof of concept at the moment."

Isn't this kind of the definition of early access?

Skoop

I got it because all the bells and whistles from il2 will be added plus the fact that it's all under one steam executable.  Loading up QB dogfight battle royals entertained my 5 year old for 45 mins.  We played ace patrol together on a road trip and now he's in love with wwi aircraft.  Seeing wwi in modern sim glory really impressed him. 

Destraex

Skoop does that steam linkage process really make the game into a game that steam updates automatically? I thought steam had to wait for a much later release?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I got the email about this from 777 earlier today but haven't had time to read the whole thing yet. Are there plans for a dynamic campaign?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

You can be my tail gunner, it'll just be a single mission, no need for a campaign.  >:D

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on July 30, 2018, 05:13:10 PM
'That's said I caved and bought it'

:2funny:

Well, yes.  But I knew what I was and wasn't getting. And, as someone who wants this to become a fully-functional sim-game, I am prepared to invest.  The point of my post was really to try to forestall people buying it and then complaining at the lack of content.

Gusington

Believe me there is no need for explanation.

Tuna when I have been your tail gunner in the past it was pretty awesome!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

Tuna did - I was a simple accessory and had no choice.

Weren't you the cloud?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd