Groghead in trouble...

Started by Boggit, December 18, 2018, 11:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You are quite welcome. Good luck with everything.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Boggit

I've just had an email from one of Vincent's friends. He has recently been admitted hospital in Mulhouse, France with suspected heart problems. Hopefully, it is just a warning and that he'll be ok. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

Feel free to send him any messages of support on his email (vincent.kowolik@yahoo.fr) so he can read them when he gets out of hospital. He has been overwhelmed by the support from Grogs on the forum, and I'm sure it will do him some good to learn you guys are rooting for him
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Staggerwing

I just sent him a message of support. Hope he recovers soon.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

I'm so glad you worked out your housing problem!

Hoping for a speedy recovery, brother.   :hug:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MikeGER

Boggit

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for nearly 2 weeks without my PC!!! :o

Anyhoo, Sauron is still quite ill, but is slowly recovering. He asked me to pass on his news to you all, asked me to thank you all on his behalf, and to tell you all that he deeply appreciates all the kind thoughts.

The latest from Sauron is he's now just out of hospital and on antibiotics. It turns out he had both lungs severely infected, which had an impact on his heart function. I'm glad to say that it sounds like he's on the mend, although he still has quite a way to go. At least he now has a permanent roof over his head, and his life is moving towards normality. His social work support is chaotic, but he is managing.

Given his health issues got so much worse from his being out on the street, I think it is probably fair to say that those of you that helped him out financially probably saved his life. As a result of your generosity he was able to afford shelter at a very difficult time for both him and his health.

I hope that he will soon be in a position to come back to the forum to share his thoughts with you.

He did ask me to not make "Nurgle" jokes about him, but it's sooo hard not to! >:D :2funny: :-"
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Latest update from Sauron ...

Hi, sorry for the long silence but I had to be realy carreful since if I had a "rechute" it would mean the antibiotics would not be working anymore and since my black veil I realized how dangerous it would be to play with my fragile health. Last week end I stoped finaly the antibiotics, I finished the last of them. The side effects were weakness and digestive troubles so you can figure out I diden't get out much except for the 6 february were I stoped for one day the antibiotics to go to Strasbourg but after that I was exhausted... I will write from the mediathèque to grogheads soo. Tomorrow is the audience for the appeal for my laywer for the DALO, lets hope for the best. And the 28 february I go bakc to hospital for final checks, radio and examen to check how my lungs improved. It was the most serious lung deseases I had since I lived. Usualy I had bronchities but this time it was a pneumonie wich if doesen't healed properly evolded into embolie pulmonaire (sorry I haden't the time to  search translation) wich is deadly... I write you from a cyber coffee so it mean I pay sorry for not writting to much its much closer to my chamber but not free so...

Take care of you and say hi to all at grogheads, as said toward the end of the week, friday or saturday I will write to them from the mediathèque. I promise.*;) Clin d'œil

Gusington

Thanks for the update, Boggit.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

+1  O0

Get well soon Sauron  \m/

Staggerwing

Hang in there Vincent! Stay strong!

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Sauron

Hello fellow wargamer brothers. It took a bit longer as I wished to write to you, but as Charles explained you my life and health were pretty chaotic... At least he is right, your help came in time to prevent the worst in Strasbourg since it would have been a death sentence in my condition on the streets... Again many thanks to all of you for your moral and financial support, it realy mean a lot to me. The court audiance was the 26 february and my laywer mailed me and said the decision will come in a week so I still wait for it. Speaking of streets, in France things are turning realy ugly now. During my recovery I was isolated from news and the horrors the gilet jaunes are facing with police and military repression... >:( Things are turning slowly but surely into a civil war and I'm angry that on my level I cannot do much except telling my support to the gilet jaunes when I meet them during their protest on the streets Their average age is between 30 to 70 and its the every day citizen not hooligans, antifa or neo nazies but desperate peoples wich are facing extrem poverty and watch how their own kids are starwing with them unable to help them. During the 70's and 80's parents could hope a better life for their children but now its the opposite and its getting worser and worser... They were 3000 or 4000 3 weeks ago and I was upset by the military presence wich were superior as during the terror shooting in Strasbourg in last December... Anyway lets hope for the best but alwaysbe prepared for the worst as I always say. Speaking about the peoples, I hope the legimity of the english peoples votes will be respected and that the british citizen will not be screwed like were Finland and France before (brexit)...
Some words on gaming lol. Well thanks to a little netbook my childhood friend send me from Madrid I can still play some games, it was helpfull during my recovery and in Mulhouse in the mediathèque I can play some free online game so here a like to a very hard game most of you surely know but maybe not all so here it is but I hope you like loosing!... >:D

https://topfreegame.com/flash/aliens-the-board-game

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/408816

The this "light" version of a nice tactical gel from the late 90's wich was called Incubation, not as hard as the previous game. ^-^

https://armorgames.com/play/12509/xenosquad?via-search=1

Here a post apocalyptic, heroic fantasy clone of Final Fantasy Tactics

https://armorgames.com/play/18262/worlds-end-chapter-3?tag-referral=strategy

Here a nice tactical rpg

https://armorgames.com/play/13615/legend-of-the-void-2?game-referral=world%27s+end+chapter+3

I also enjoy much the emulation on my pc of this game for the GBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtsdxxvL3YI

And here the must have for all trekkies. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thl4gqxbWTc

And so I must now leave so I say to you all "live long and prosper" see you soon again. :)

Vincent, aka Sauron

Staggerwing

Sauron

Hello everyone, some news from France, the french state is condemned to find me a decent home before next May or it must pay each months 200 euros fees to the court. I got also a little repaiements but considering what I went trough 500 euros is not much but its only the first step since it was about the home I rejected as not proper last Oktober (not appropriated for my health condition, stairs to climb and too isolated from everything and not even ready before january of the then next year because of renovation works...) Now since the rejection hasted my expulsion but was justified, the expulsion itself will now be figth and I hope, there, the state will got the real bitter pill! Again thanks to you all for your support and when something new happen I will keep you informed. Since then Grog on! ;)