The painting urge is strong - cannot resist

Started by undercovergeek, December 12, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bloody Nazis.  They're trampling the flowers!

undercovergeek

i figured to match the spring camo id get some daffodil tufts, but yeah frikking nazis stomping on the flowers

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

Before I prime I pva some small hobby rocks on and then dip in hobby sand

This is then painted brown, dry brushed a lighter brown and dry brushed a bone colour then a wash of strong tone ink - when dry pva some areas and dip in hobby grass and superglue on some longer grass tufts or flowers

Staggerwing

I vaguely recall seeing someone's YT vid where he uses some kind of (electrostatic?) tool to 'grow' ground cover onto a diorama. Anyone familiar with this device?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 04, 2018, 07:27:52 AM
I vaguely recall seeing someone's YT vid where he uses some kind of (electrostatic?) tool to 'grow' ground cover onto a diorama. Anyone familiar with this device?

Is that something to do with 'static grass' such as the following?

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Static-Gale-Force-Nine/dp/B001N1A7EO

The charged grassy slivers which will stand up, in bunches, when glued to bases.

bbmike

^That should be posted in the "Want" thread!  :bd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak