Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by steve58, June 01, 2015, 12:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Good luck, JD. It sucks when crap like that happens. Not the end of the world, just a big pain in the butt.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Thanks.

Reinstalls are always a pain - which is why I had hoped the restore to Windows 7 would've worked. But they are beneficial from time to time.

Truth be told, I'm actually a lot less bothered than I normally would be about this and that's because I have my board games and modelling.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2015, 10:11:37 AM
Truth be told, I'm actually a lot less bothered than I normally would be about this and that's because I have my board games and modelling.

Good man  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JudgeDredd

I'm back. Nice clean drive.

Now - to install ONLY the games I actually want to play!  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

Greybriar

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2015, 12:45:22 PM

That would almost makes the hassle you've gone through worth it, wouldn't you say?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

It's working for me.  2 games installed and that's it.  I admit Sword of the Stars will be going on tonight too.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on October 03, 2015, 04:08:57 PM

It's working for me.  2 games installed and that's it.  I admit Sword of the Stars will be going on tonight too.

Not until your homework is done, Mister.

Bison

Damn it!  I know, I know.  Taking a break right now to watch State's football game.

mirth

Stupid get Windows 10 app was installed again by Windows Update.  :tickedoff:

Staggerwing

Yeah, I got it on my game rig a week or two ago. I couldn't find that '$something-or-other' folder anywhere so I ignored the icon.

Now the icon is gone. Somehow that seems even more ominous...  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 11, 2015, 08:59:26 AM
Yeah, I got it on my game rig a week or two ago. I couldn't find that '$something-or-other' folder anywhere so I ignored the icon.

Now the icon is gone. Somehow that seems even more ominous...  ???

It probably downloaded and is sitting on your machine waiting to be installed.

I had to uninstall the damned update...again - http://www.howtogeek.com/218856/how-do-you-disable-the-get-windows-10-icon-shown-in-the-notification-tray/

Here's where to find the install files if they downloaded

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/what-is-the-windows-bt-folder-on-my-hard-drive/

mirth

FU Microscum. I've uninstalled KB3035583 (the update that adds the Get Windows 10 tray icon) twice and hidden it in Windows Update 3 times. And it still wants to install when updates are run. Malware BS!

mirth

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Greybriar on October 30, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
Screw 'em. I'm switching to Linux my next system.

Congratulations, you have achieved enlightenment!  Enjoy the choice, freedom, and security, and don't hesitate to ask questions. :) O0