Poor man's Hotas for replacing a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro?

Started by WallysWorld, November 21, 2017, 03:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

My Logitech Extreme joystick has been acting up lately with it not self-centering itself for the Y axis and the rudder twist a bit off centre. Nothing too serious and I've unplugged it from my desktop a few times and it fixes itself for a while each time. I ordered a replacement for it and it's coming in the email, but I was wondering if I should try out a "poor man's" version of a Hotas setup like the Thrustmaster Hotas X instead and especially for the flying games I play namely Strike Fighters 2, Wings Over Flanders Fields and IL-2 1946.

I don't want to buy an expensive Hotas and find out I don't like using one and other forums I've read say to buy a cheaper Hotas to try it out if you like using one.

Thinking of keeping the Logitech Extreme as I use it for other games like NHL 2004, FIFA 16 and so on, but I wouldn't mind trying a Hotas joystick, even a cheap one, as most people say once you use a Hotas for flying, you'll never go back to a regular joystick.

Does anyone use a cheaper Hotas setup like Thrustmaster's Hotas X for their flying games? Any opinions are much appreciated!

Thrustmaster Hotas X
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson