Do you play miniature WW2 games?

Started by acctingman, July 21, 2016, 09:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Just curious to see if any grogs here play WW2 miniature games? What rules are you using? What scale? Which rules do you prefer?

I just bought a set of rules called Schwere Kompanie. They read nicely and I'm getting ready to start play testing them.

Anyways, just curious to see if we have some WW2 mini gamers here  O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

I used to play a lot of Squad Leader using 6mm minis.  Now I play Wings of Glory WWII air combat and Check Your Six!.  The WoG minis are 1:200 scale and the stuff we use for CY6 (not my minis) are 1:300.

acctingman

Just watched a game of CY6 being played in a local store....game looks pretty fun! I bought the rules a while ago, but haven't played them myself. They we're doing a BoB scenario. 8 spits vs 9 Me.109's....the Brits won!  O0

mirth

CY6 is a great game. Simple to learn and easy to play, but a fair amount of nuance when you get into it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rekim

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 21, 2016, 11:04:16 AM
I used to play a lot of Squad Leader using 6mm minis.  Now I play Wings of Glory WWII air combat and Check Your Six!.  The WoG minis are 1:200 scale and the stuff we use for CY6 (not my minis) are 1:300.

how that possible?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Easy.  Use the original rules, not the ASL bloat.  Concentrate on armor engagements.  Have fun.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus