Grogheads 2014 Fantasy Baseball Season

Started by Bison, February 23, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 17, 2014, 12:31:07 PM
I may unload a reliever and see what I can do for another hitter.  Andrus is my only SS and he's had some off-weeks.

The key to the hitting stats is the number of AB's you get. The more chances you have the more points you will score.
If you use the Stat tracker you can switch from Daily view to Weekly view and see how you are stacking up against your opponent in AB. If you generally get more chances you will probably win more of the hitting points than you lose.
Monday's and Thursdays are key as a lot of off days are scheduled then. If you can field a full team and your opponent only has 5-6 guys playing you have a big advantage. Don't leave a guy on the bench if there is an open spot he could go in. They may go 1-6 and drop your average a bit but they may also steal that base that puts you ahead.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

undercovergeek

a draw with Bison, i thought i had him there  :D

Marty Ward

The way my guys forgot what their bats were for this weekend I'm happy to get a draw!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

MetalDog

I really wish there was a way to take advantage of that, Marty.  I get ucg and his legion of doom this week.  Wish me luck ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on June 23, 2014, 07:29:59 PM
I really wish there was a way to take advantage of that, Marty.  I get ucg and his legion of doom this week.  Wish me luck ;)

Pray for rain!

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 23, 2014, 09:32:25 AM
a draw with Bison, i thought i had him there  :D

This ain't soccer.  One of us is supposed to win. 

My pitching is horrible and my batters aren't putting up consistent numbers.   I need an extended tea time.

Marty Ward

FYI if we were playing a standard yearly league here is what the standings and point totals would be as of now along with current place

1. Alabama Slammers     65   4th
2. Heebie Jeebies           58    1st
3. Polar Vengeance         50   7th
4. Sun tan bed XI           48   6th
5. Big Papi                     42   3rd
6. Bison                         37   2nd
7. Detroit Ligers             30    5th
8. Shotgun Express        29    8th

undercovergeek

MetalDog

I think I can make a case for being more...robbed?

Bison

If the Mississippi Crimson Tigers could put together a decent week, every week you wouldn't need excuses.  Look at the awesome team Bison.  They know they don't have to hit 50 HR every week.  They accept that they just need 1 more then the other team.  Play smarter not harder.  That's my team's motto.

Marty don't feed the wildlife.  Otherwise next thing you know they're digging through your trash and eating food out of your refrigerator.

MetalDog

Says the man whos avatar is a wooly cow. 

The season ain't even half over, Jack.  We'll see where this all ends.  Talent, good looks, and better (fake) baseball skillz will win out.  So start crying now, buffalo boy, cuz you ain't got none of'em  :P

Marty Ward

I can't recall the last time I saw this. It's Sunday and the Cubs and Nationals have a scheduled day off.

bayonetbrant

didn't they just play a doubleheader yesterday?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 29, 2014, 11:01:55 AM
didn't they just play a doubleheader yesterday?

Yeah they did. I don't understand it. Is there something going on in Chicago that would make them cancel a game?

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers