Grogheads 2014 Fantasy Baseball Season

Started by Bison, February 23, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Cling to your delusions if you must.  You can't spoil this for me :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on March 11, 2014, 06:09:05 AM
Cling to your delusions if you must.  You can't spoil this for me :)

We don't need to. The Yankees complete lack of most of an infield and a bullpen will spoil everything all by itself.  :P

MetalDog

As a life long Yankee fan, I have enjoyed the ups and downs of my team and its owners for going on forty years.  They have given me enough great players, championships and unbelievable moments to outweigh the down side.  This years team, I think, will need to have some career performances from its players in order to have a championship year.  But, as with all the other teams right now, spring brings hope, so, for now, I have hope.

What I would truly like to see, and I am not sure how many other Yankee fans feel this way, is a complete rebuild of the franchise from the ground up.  Start with the farm system.  Stock pile draft picks and build a base that will keep us stocked for years to come.  Let all our high priced, underperforming major leaguers ride off into the sunset and refrain from throwing money at someone elses broke down free agents.  Make sensible signings.  For instance, try to get Giancarlo Stanton in his first free agent contract.  I'd throw a lot of money at that kid.  Sure, winning is a priority, they are the Yankees after all, but do it sensibly.  I am willing to take a few down years if, at the end of it, our future looked like the St. Louis Cardinals or Houston Astros.

Bison

What?  Did you just say that the Houston Astros have a bright future?  BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!/sigh/HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Oh man, thanks for the laugh!

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on March 11, 2014, 07:15:31 PM
What?  Did you just say that the Houston Astros have a bright future?  BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!/sigh/HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Oh man, thanks for the laugh!

I will bet you that Houston wins a World Series before Minnesota does.

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on March 11, 2014, 07:16:58 PM
Quote from: Bison on March 11, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

I will bet you that Houston wins a World Series before Minnesota does.

No way.  Minnesota has already won the Series a couple of times.   ;)

Bison

On a serious note.  Did we decide to do any additional scoring changes for this season?  I did adjust the team rosters, but hadn't touched the point system.

Houston winning the series.  /snicker/

Bison

Man this is too rich.  Let's put this into a prospective you can understand my friend.

The series...oh boy.

MetalDog

For someone as intelligent as you make out to be at times, you can be incredibly dense.  I KNOW the Twins have won the Series and Houston has not.  I was talking from this season forward. 

In answer to your serious question, the stats we are using are standard for a H2H league.  So, unless someone has an objection, they should be fine.

Bison

Oh boy.  Your sentence structure did not indicate any acknowledgment that the Twins had already won the Series nor that Houston would win one before Minnesota does again.  semantics, man, semantics.   8)

Bison

Yeah I think the point system is good to go too.  Maybe a look at the pitched innings required since we did decrease the number of pitcher slots.

MetalDog

Ok.  I will give you the sentence structure wasn't entirely clear.  But honestly, did you think I didn't know that Minnesota had already won?  I was alive, you know.  Even playing fantasy baseball the year it happened.

As for our fantasy baseball, I still see four P(itcher) spots in addition to the 2 SP and 2 RP.  The generic spots gotta go.  And I do not see any minimum or maximum innings pitched in the settings tab, so, we should be good to go.

Bison

Hmm...that shouldn't be the case.  I thought I'd removed the 4 extra slots when I cut the extra utility slot.

MetalDog

I'm over there now and see the 1 Util spot but the 4 P spots as well.

Bison

I knew you knew that I knew you knew that the Twins won the Series.