Warframe just got its biggest ever update, Fortuna, and it's still 100% free!

Started by Huw the Poo, April 26, 2012, 06:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Vasto Prime, which I don't particularly like and the Prime version of the sword that came with Nova's pack. Daikin Prime?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

You...don't...like the Vasto Prime?  What don't you like about it exactly - the high crit chance, high status chance, high fire rate, high accuracy, fast reload speed, two Madurai polarities...? :P

Dude seriously, it's one of the best secondaries in the game, at least until you get to the high MR-locked weapons.  It's the secondary all my frames use unless I'm ranking something else up.

Yskonyn

I demand to dual-wield, so I will be content once I can have TWO Vasto Primes.  >:D

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Yskonyn

I know!  O0

My Archwing is now in the Foundry. Got all its parts this morning.
Also received the blueprint for Garra.

Ran my first Fissure as well, which was a bit of a dissapointment to be honest, cause its just a variant on a normal mission. I thought opening the fissure would be more cinematic. Oh well.

Aaaalmost ready to start Stolen Dreams.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 21, 2018, 05:19:41 AM
Ran my first Fissure as well, which was a bit of a dissapointment to be honest, cause its just a variant on a normal mission. I thought opening the fissure would be more cinematic. Oh well.

Haha, what were you expecting?  Yeah, fissures are just normal missions that also spawn corrupted enemies.  It's just a way of cracking relics, which itself is a good source of Forma blueprints and various Prime blueprints.  The whole point of fissures is you keep doing them to get more relics and to crack those relics.  My favourite type of fissure is Excavation. :)

Yskonyn

I don't know man. But I thought Relics would involve some kind of different gameplay mode, which technically it is, but you know... something more special.
The missions are offered as a seperate thing in tracker even.

Also visited Fortuna for a short stint. VERY cool zone.

Huw the Poo

Don't worry, there's plenty of stuff you haven't seen yet.  Yeah Fortuna is awesome.  I particularly like that you don't have to go back inside to get new bounties.

Geezer

I tried this game last year I think but it never grabbed me.  Have there been big changes in the last year?  Can't recall why it never clicked with me but maybe I'm missing something.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Huw the Poo

Dude, it's a recognised phenomenon.  You always bounce off it the first time - I was no different.  It's too weird, too complex, whatever.  But dive into it again and really give it a chance, and you'll see why every Destiny video on Youtube has a hundred comments saying "just play Warframe; it's better and it's free."

Yes, a shitload has changed in the past year.  There isn't much point listing the changes if you didn't get very far last time though.  Just know that Warframe got even bigger and better, and apparently will forever continue to do so.  It's a stunning game.  Anyone who knows me well will be shocked that it's held my attention for so long.  For the first half of this year I played nothing else on my PS4.  Then in the summer I installed it on my PC and played very little else on my PC.  It would be an incredible game for full price...it's beyond belief that it's actually 100% free.  I even managed to convince my gaming group (notoriously difficult to agree on a game) to try and and now they're all hooked too.

I really do urge you to try it again.  I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. :)

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Huw the Poo

Ysk I can't believe the bad luck you were having getting those Cephalon fragments.  Again.  You seem to be a bad luck charm!  :2funny:

My advice would be to just focus on other stuff but keep doing missions on Mars every now and again and they'll just show up.  Just don't do the endless missions like survival and defense - instead do the ones with short win conditions like exterminate, sabotage, capture and rescue.

Oh, and have fun with your Nova Prime - her 4 is a ridiculous lolbomb of death!

Yskonyn

Haha yeah just blame it on me!  :hug:

Those missions become irksome if they dont show up time and again, so yes, good idea to run other stuff on Mars and hopefully run into those fragments.

A new junction opened up to me as wel, so its not that I am stuck.

Nova is hawt!

jamus34

So I'm (finally) starting to get back into this...

Is there a Grog clan that exists? Anyone care to send an invite?
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

There's no Grog clan.  However my gaming group and I formed a clan so that we could benefit from clan research etc.  We always play as a full squad once a weekend but besides that we're open to playing with others too.  Add me if you want an invite - my in game name is Huwie.

(We're also part of an alliance; I rarely see anyone else online from other clans but that could just be a timezone thing.)