Discuss GrogCast Season 2!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 08, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

It's the only explanation I can come up with after he carried me and B_C through this episode.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Hearing about you guys and your attempts to learn Squad Leader in your younger years reminded me of a horrifying piece of my own gaming history.

A buddy and I had been playing stuff like Axis & Allies and Hunt For Red October and Red Storm Rising. We were both WW2 history buffs. So we figured we were ready for the big leagues. Pacific War by Victory Games was our big leagues. We weren't ready. Frankly, I will never be ready for a game at that scale. It was awful.

bayonetbrant

Brant visits HonorCon in a GrogCast special :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

avrotim

Wow!  That took me back...I have read a bunch of those Harrington books and really enjoyed the first 4-5 books or so.   I keep hearing rumors of a movie deal but so far nothing tangible seems to have happened. 

I must admit though that I have kinda given up on the series.
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

bayonetbrant

Episode 12 is out there, as we chat with Rex Brynen about game design and games in the classroom
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Episode 13 has James Sterrett join us to discuss the COIN series from GMT Games