Games People Play on Friday!

Started by bbmike, May 24, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Cloud-based software means I can work from home, and billable hours are billable hours so I see myself playing Easement Plat Generator, as well as making up two weeks of no yardwork being done(damn The Boy for not mowing).

If I get to any gaming, I think I'll keep it simple and plink away at World of Tanks or World of Warships.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Heroes of North Africa via VASSAL with Barth on Saturday.  I just finished the Battletech campaign last night so it's time to fire up something new.  I booted up War in the Pacific and began the Guadalcanal scenario but the UI remains as obtuse as ever.  Not sure if I want to once again try to figure out just how the bell transport/amphib assaults work because I never could in the past.

Continue the app driven Descent 2nd ed co-op campaign on Saturday. (Got to paint 3 morecminis for that today.)

jamus34

I have no idea.

Holiday weekend with no kids sports and weather may be shite.

Options on the table are monster hunter world, HoI4, Stellaris, Pillars of Eternity, Witcher 3, War in the West / Pacific

Would also like to do some tabletop gaming with the kiddies, typically Ticket to Ride or Carcassone.
Insert witty comment here.

-budd-

Off today so starting a 4 day weekend. There will be yard work and putting up the pool for the season. Might do some back yard camping with my daughter, get the gear and do the whole nine yards, stove, fire pit and all that....if the weather holds.

Gaming wise there will be some PBEM turns
Order of Battle- just started
TOAW4- Guns of August....i'm never going to make it to Paris in 20 turns :( , turn 15 coming up and im not even close.
FOG2- Battle of Alesia coming to a close, Romans 49% routed, Gauls 57% routed, of course he's been at 57% for damn near 3 turns as my percentage rises. I hold Alesia.

For single player i've jumped back into Darkest Dungeon, man this is one of my favorite games. Also will be playing Space Hulk Deathwing enhanced edition, looks and plays great.

have a good weekend everyone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Wolfe1759

Probably some Star Traders Frontiers which is only the 4th game I've ever bought on early access and it looks interesting from a very brief initial impression, also may do some CK II which I haven't played in ages as I've recently picked up Reaper's Due and Monks ans Mystics DLC and I'll probably continue my Master of Orion Darlock campaign.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

mikeck

Quote from: MengJiao on May 25, 2018, 07:21:31 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2018, 04:47:24 PM
No gaming for me until Sunday as we are renting our house out for West Point graduation. Once Sunday comes I hope to start my Nabatea campaign in Rome 2 TW and a campaign of Domina. And of course there will be more Field of Glory 2, I'm sure, because I just can't stop. Everyone in the US have a good holiday weekend...mine starts 8pm tonight. BEER ME

Started playing Thrones of Britannia.  Easy strathclyde (StrathClut) was interesting with its antiquarian obsessions with the (Yr Hen Olgedd) "the Old north (kingdom?)"
So now playing Normal strathclyde.

Not...sure....if full of typos...or I don't know what any of that means
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Kushan

I'll be spending most of my gaming time this weekend split between flying the just released QualityWings 787 for Prepar3d v4 and Cities Skylines with the new Parklife DLC. There will also be some more Battletech as well.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Vintage Dude

Great song from a great artist. Alan Parsons has always been one of my favorite artists. Gaming will be Thrones of Britannia and Attila TW with the Ancient Empires mod. Everyone have a fun and meaningful Memorial Day weekend.

solops

Stellar Monarch and Polaris Sector
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Silent Disapproval Robot

I played Heroes of North Africa via VASSAL with Barth this morning.  The scenario took place in Sudan and saw a detachment of British colonial infantry trying to defend a small village from an attack by Italian light armour and infantry.  I played as the Brits and Barth took the Italians.  It was a complete massacre.  Barth managed to kill every Brit unit on the map and even took out their barbed wire for good measure.  I felt violated...

In the evening, my gaming group met up to continue our co-op Descent 2 campaign.  We finished off a side quest without much trouble but we used up too much time and couldn't get back to town to upgrade gear before we had to tackle the main quest.  We suffered a total party kill before even reaching the main boss.  Not a good day out and this was just the tutorial campaign.  Still lots of fun though.

fabius

The Seven Years War Finally invested time to learn the economy to play a campaign.  :bd:

EUIV Going to start a new campaign.

Power & Revolution

Maybe a game of Zombiecide

Destraex

battletech
post scriptum
steel division
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Didn't have much gaming time.

Spend some time setting up this low cost TrackIR head tracking alternative (Delan Clip http://www.delanengineering.com/shop/#!/DelanClip-Gamer/p/43397050/category=0) and testing it in DCS.
I must say I'm very pleased with the results but I still need to do a little finetuning.

airboy

Finished Pillars of Eternity including both expansions.  Working on the house.  It is been raining for 2 straight weeks.

Sir Slash

What about the gay weeks? Is it raining on them as well, or is it just the straight ones?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.