What potential upcoming games are your must haves

Started by Con, March 10, 2019, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

I really haven't purchased any games apart from Pillars of Eternity in the last year.  I dont know if its because of lack of time or the current releases not really grabbing me.  That got me thinking what games would I buy this minute without reviews money no objection etc if they became available.  Its a surprisingly short list

Command Ops 3 (Eastern Front)
War in the East 2
CMANO 2.0 with ground combat
Another Witcher title (not super excited about the cybrepunk series)
Flashpoint Campaigns next version

solops

"MUST" haves? None.
Developers have totally burned the idea of "must have" out of my psyche by their constant release of incomplete, buggy products. Now, I wait, sometimes a year or more, to see what's real and what's hot air hype.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Huw the Poo

The Division 2 - which, thankfully, is coming on Friday. :)

Apart from that, not a lot really.  I don't get particularly excited about up-and-coming games any more because I have such an insane number of games to play already.  I'm following a lot of games in early access on Steam though, and I am keeping an eye on Driftland: The Magic Revival and Empires of the Undergrowth in particular.

bbmike

Age of Wonders: Planetfall and Field of Glory: Empires for starters.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Destraex

F14 in dcs
Carrier module in dcs
Steel division 2
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

GAH bbmike ninja'd me with Field of Glory: Empires.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Con on March 10, 2019, 12:25:49 PM
I really haven't purchased any games apart from Pillars of Eternity in the last year.  I dont know if its because of lack of time or the current releases not really grabbing me.  That got me thinking what games would I buy this minute without reviews money no objection etc if they became available.  Its a surprisingly short list

Command Ops 3 (Eastern Front)
War in the East 2
CMANO 2.0 with ground combat
Another Witcher title (not super excited about the cybrepunk series)
Flashpoint Campaigns next version

Gosh those all sound great!  Sign me up!

nelmsm

Imperator Rome
Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm
JTS's next WWI game if it makes it out this year
Grigsby's War in the East if it makes it out this year

Kushan

Imperator Rome
Flashpoint Campaigns: Southern Storm (is this actually still happening or has it been axed?)
CMANO v2.0 (I am in no way confirming it, if it actually exists, what might be included, etc.)
CMANO Desert Storm
The Division 2
F-14 for DCS
Prepar3d v5
Subnautica Below Zero
Whatever the Stellaris team is working on

List was longer then I originally thought. I was thinking it was going to be a quiet year and catching up on some current games.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Vintage Dude

Field of Glory: Empires
Imperator: Rome
Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865)
Unity of Command II

-budd-

Don't know about must haves, there a couple will definitely buy and others i'm keeping an eye on.

Will buy
CS Vietnam
Serious Sam 4-Planet Badass

keeping an eye on:
WITE 2
Close Combat - The Blood First
FOG Empires
Ultimate Admiral- Age of Sail
The Light Keeps us Safe
Subnautica- Below Zero
Heathen-The sons of the law
Generation Zero
The Beast Inside
Pathologic 2
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

planetbrain

Mostly harmless

planetbrain

And I'm looking forward to the kickstarter Carrier Battles coming out about mid-year!
Mostly harmless

al_infierno

I have 3:

Rule the Waves 2

War in the East 2

Command Ops 3

Nothing else is a "must have" for me.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

FlickJax