"Feeling Old" 2018 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 03, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Did they even have music back when some of youse graduated high school? :P

Sir Slash

A great band played at my graduation. Called, "Sticks and Rocks". Cause that's what they played.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 17, 2018, 07:28:45 AM
Did they even have music back when some of youse graduated high school? :P

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Archie Bunker was actually a Bolshie sleeper agent.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

No way, because Archie Bunker was basically MY grandpa.  :)

Staggerwing

Won't you two be surprised when you open up your 23andMe results...

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Gusington

I would like to welcome my new Jewish brother.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Fifty years ago this August I entered the first grade.

Sir Slash

Fifty years ago this August I was dating a First Grade Teacher.  She kept me after school.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

trailrunner

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 19, 2018, 10:12:10 PM
Fifty years ago this August I was dating a First Grade Teacher.  She kept me after school.  ::)

Did she spank you?

Staggerwing

There are kids going to college who had not even been born when the Technoviking first appeared on Youtube.

BanzaiCat

The song 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins always made me feel old. Figured it was meant mainly for kids born in 1979 and since it came out in the mid-90s, they were teens then, but now they're almost 40 themselves.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 20, 2018, 08:27:52 AMwhen the Technoviking first appeared on Youtube.

YouTube started in 2005, so it's only 13 years old.

I'm pretty sure the Technoviking predates  YouTube by quite a while, of course.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 20, 2018, 08:29:40 AMThe song 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins always made me feel old. Figured it was meant mainly for kids born in 1979 and since it came out in the mid-90s, they were teens then, but now they're almost 40 themselves.
It was written about Billy Corgan's experiences in 1979 when he was starting his teenage years
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers